ElVui and resources

Hello all! Some quick questions about UI and more specific ElVui addon.

If im not wrong, Elvui it’s known for high resources consumption (my setup is i5 12400F, 16gb ram DDR4, msi 570 8gb) but I want to measure how much cost to my pc playing with Elvui, something where I can see (not the addon memory in game) the resources consumption with and without the add-on.

I was trying a new UI with differents addons to make it similar to Elvui, cause i wanted something new and fresh for TWW, but I can’t find one to change fonts to the game, and a good chat addon to replace what I was used to using Elvui.

Don’t know too if using too much separate addons will consume the same or more than using Elvui, and don’t know if is good or bad the change.

ElvUI adds some time to loading screens but I haven’t seen it hurt performance in-game, and my old rig was basically a toaster (like 8fps during P1 Sire Denathrius).

The only way you’ll really be able to compare is playing with it vs playing without it. That said, so long as you have enough fps does it really matter? Wow isn’t a shooter where every fps matters, here everything happens on server ticks (which IIRC happen every 40ms or 25fps or not) which the GCD and spell queue window further devalues.

1 Like

ElvUI: put together by people that know how to code WoW addons.

Lots of seperate addons: put toegether by lots of people with varying degrees of ability in coding WoW addons.

That said, my UI uses lots of seperate addons including my own but unless they break, I don’t really think too much about them.

2 Likes