Elves and Faction Fantasy

Horde have owned the High Elf fantasy since 2007 when Blood Elves became playable characters. The Silver Covenant (all 10 of them) fantasy your crew has will never materialize.

5 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t agree that being playable is the end-all be-all of whether or not a race is a “Horde race” or not.

What about the non-playable races? Are the Hozen less of a Horde race because they’re not playable? Are the Taunka not a Horde race because they’re not playable?

Being a playable race only matters if you only care about visuals and not lore. The High Elves have been very visible throughout the game’s history and it’s dismissive to say that Alliance doesn’t have a significant part of the High Elf fantasy.

And again, I’m not hoping for the High Elves to be playable. You’ve skimmed over that.

1 Like

Wiggle the story just right, make High Elves a Horde race, integrate via adding an ‘eye glow color’ option on the blood elf character creator, giggle as the Alliance goes WHAAAT. :3

2 Likes

You obviously didn’t play WC2. I think that’s where the disconnect for a lot of Hordies on the whole Alliance High Elves topic comes from. They werent there when the high elves stood shoulder to shoulder with their Alliance human and dwarf brethren as they faced down waves upon waves of Horde orcs, trolls and ogres to save Quel’thalas. High elf archers and rangers were the ranged troop backbone of the Alliance armies.

Times may have changed but there would be some who wouldn’t throw aside old loyalties so easily.

8 Likes

you do realize that in WC3 the night elves and undead were their own separate factions? not sure how doing that “from the beginning” would be “…less WC III”

1 Like

Speaking of loyalties, does anyone else think it’s funny just how wishy-washy the Void Elves are when you really think about it? If any of them were alive during Warcraft 2, they’ve been guild-hopping like mad.

1 Like

when people talk like this, it makes me think they’ve been playing since around last expansion, maybe two.

1 Like

Been so long, but you are right. EQ had a slew of playable factions, including multiple inside one city.

So a Troll Shadowknight might be able to enter the city of Qeynos (SonyEQ spelled backwards), but if he, or she, got near the Paladin guild,

“YOU’VE RUINED YOU LANDS! YOU’LL NOT RUIN MINE!”

1 Like

Haha yeah really. Fully expecting them to throw in with the Ethereals next.

1 Like

Isnt there a mega thread for this…yeah there is a mega thread for this. So why then are you making a new one? Go post in the mega thread…

6 Likes

When people make spammy threads when there’s already a megathread on the subject, it makes me think they scan the first three topics of GD at the top of their monitors and randomly click one.

5 Likes

This topic isn’t just about the High Elves and I’m not interested in discussion outside this specific point.

I see “High Elf” twice there. There’s two megathreads on the matter, we really don’t need a third.

5 Likes

This is not a megathread.

wut

It would have been more than appropriate to have posted this there.

4 Likes

Spam threads are the number one reason why I’m against High Elves as a playable race. The sheer volume of them and lack of ability to restrain the hysterics gives the impression that the players who want High Elves are spoiled whiners.

I want to highlight that thought. There are likely a good number of fair minded people who want to play High Elves. But the spoiled children who screech and throw tantrums are drowning out the voices of reason.

4 Likes

“This isn’t a megathread” Ok… we don’t need another thread on this exact topic that can be discussed on the megathread. It’s not that hard to figure out that this topic which you keep repeating isn’t about high elves, actually is, and you say it several times in the OP as quoted.

2 Likes

Exactly! It’s damaging to their community and the people who make sense, are passionate and respectful, and then people go around either arguing in threads having nothing to do with high elves, or starting entirely new ones. It is doing the exact opposite of helping the people who want them added into the game.

It’s not JUST about the high elves. It’s about the blood elves too and their relationship to their respective factions.

Like i said, flag the thread and move on. If you don’t have anything to say you’re wasting both of our times. I’m sorry this thread bothers you this much.

Read the OP. I’m not being hysteric and I don’t want to play a High Elf. I’m just interested in why the “High Elf Fantasy” has suddenly become Horde-only.

If that’s how you feel, then report it. If it’s against the rules, it’ll be taken down.

I’m not going to defend myself any further when I haven’t broken any rules. If you want to contribute to this discussion I’m happy to speak with you.

1 Like

“If you don’t agree with my echo chamber then go away.”

Not happening. I’m not alone in pointing this out, and again–the thread spam damages the community is the entire point that you seem to be missing. It’s rude to the people who want high elves added, and gives people a chance to give them even more grief about it.