Elitist tank rage quits an almost finished 18+ key

I normally dont make posts like this, but its hard to get a group for these higher keys, it takes a while to fill up. So what happened next really was not ok.
Choonsly-Tichondrius, a prot pali tank rage quits after calling out a dps for leaving. Which turned out to be a DC, that he came back for before the tank left. I asked why and he said because he put it in the desc that it has to be a timed run or he’ll leave, and how I should have known, along those lines. Well, my io is low compared to the 18 key, so when I saw a 441 tank, I jumped on it without a moments notice, as you think one would do. You see something good, you grab it quick. But lately I notice its the super high geared players that have the biggest ego’s, especially tanks. I didnt see the description msg, nor did the group for that matter. So even if I did see it, I would have to tell everyone? Instead of the tank letting everyone know himself, like a punctual human being. But no, he left, and that threw everyone off. This is wild. Im upset because he should have known that my rating and gear is low when he signed up, of course I would want to complete it. Heck, we could have possibly timed it still. For those wondering, I am 429 i lvl and 1644 io. This was the 1st time I used tier 3 flask and pots aswell, which was bummer how it turned out. Makes me not want to bother with how much more it cost than tier 2. Please, if you wish to do something like this, be a little more upfront, to the whole group. And I learned from this aswell, I should prob put the completion title next to a high key next time, but that doesnt mean its ok what the tank did.

link to clip-

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t see anything wrong with what the tank did. The key was not timeable, the tank joined only to time a key which would give them score, and well… they made the decision that would better suit them.

Secondly, the tank didn’t “rage quit” as you suggested. Just based on the clip, the tank only said “lol he left” and “gg” which I mean at that point, it is a “gg” as it’s not timeable. If you’re looking for completion, you need to make sure that at the start of the key everyone is there for completion. Clearly he was not and that’s ok. Everyone has their reason for doing keys. This was their reason.

I don’t particularly think what you’re doing calling out a person on the forums is fine though. It just seems to be a misunderstanding and you’re taking it out on the fact that this was not what that person wanted.

Next time, make sure everyone is on board. Simple as that.

2 Likes

Key was dead, and he’s got every right to quit at that point.