Elevator bug

So whenever I get onto elevators in ICC, the controls reverse as if to walk me back off them again. Like holding forward when I jump onto the elevator will redirect me backwards off the elevator again.
Even when I reach the edges of the elevator to get off them after I reach my destination, it redirects me back to the middle.

13 Likes

This is happening every elevator I have tried so far since the patch, plus the zeppelins in Orgrimmar.

10 Likes

Happening in Blackrock Foundry as well

3 Likes

Same here. Every elevator I’ve tried is bugged currently.

4 Likes

Glad to see I am not the only one having this problem. I thought I was going mad.
But this going going to be a problem with Blackwing Depths! That elevator takes about 3s and then it is racing to the bottom which is jump death height.

Edit: For some reason, The Blackwing Depths’ elevator works just fine. Was able to get on and off without a problem. Wonder what makes it different than all the others everyone is having problems with…?

1 Like

Elevators and zeppelins somehow make your toon immediately do a 180° flip and have you walk right off them as soon as you get on.

Deeprun Tram is at 90° so you board the tram and fall off it a lot.

4 Likes

I’ve run into it in ICC and Blackrock Foundry. Guildies had the same issue. Another guildie just let me know that it is happening to them as well at Highmountain with the small elevator there.

2 Likes

Still happening as of January 30th, 2023.

3 Likes

This is happening to me too, same as what Scrolls said. The camera does a sudden flip, effectively reversing your movement controls, and either causing you to walk right off or get stuck flipping back and forth. This has been happening both getting on and getting off the top or bottom of an elevator. Locations I’ve noticed this happening: Orgrimmar, the gnome airstrip in the Borean Tundra, and the Gate of the Setting Sun in Pandaria.

1 Like

Add me to the chorus: I’ve been leveling a new Hordie and having this on the Orgrimmar elevators, the Thunder Bluff elevators, and zeppelins.

Edit to add: But not the Undercity elevators.

1 Like

Update: The maintenance/build on 31 January did not fix this.

3 Likes

Lol yep, not fixed after maintenance. Might have actually gotten worse because now I am getting disconnected on elevators after getting flipped 180 degrees, then I log back in dead.

Astonishing that Blizzard hasn’t even acknowledged this as a known issue. Looks like we’re going to have to put up with these elevators for a long time.

2 Likes

(gives the short warlock club handshake)

Yeah, it’s frustrating. Longish maintenance today, too, maybe we get lucky. The “jumping over the threshold” workaround is the only thing that consistently works for me. Haven’t gotten DC’d yet, though. That’s obnoxious.

2 Likes

had this happen in telredor zangamarsh (tbc), blackrock foundry gorgrond, aldor terrace shattrath (tbc), and pretty much anywhere an elevator exists. i fell to my death in ICC on an alt, when the elevator down to the frost dragon fight dropped before my char could decide if it was on or off the elevator.

it seems to be related to first person tho, as the 3rd person camera doesnt change direction, only the character does

Had this occur in ICC
For the Elevator after Lady Deathwhisper
Getting on/off the Zepplin
Also happened once when walking over the teleporter, but less consistent

Also flipping 180 degrees on elevators - thankfully no disconnects yet but it’s probably only a matter of time. Had this happen in Orgrimmar, Icecrown Citadel, and Nyalotha so far.

the 3rd person chase camera stops chasing too and the character starts moving perpendicular to the 3rd person camera.

I often steer using the right mouse button, or even use both buttons to move, and this just makes the character stutter back and forth really quickly, leaving me to not know whether I’m on or off the platforms. It has caused some additional elevator rides, but luckily no deaths so far.

Like others have said, any elevator that I have used, like Orgrimmar to Flight Master, ICC elevators, ICC entering/leaving zeppelin to Saurfang. Seems like it’s any back-and-forth transit object: elevators, trams, zeppelins.

Has anyone tried Undercity, Serpentshrine Caverns, or other out of the way transit systems?

February 3rd and still happening. It’s incredibly disorienting.

1 Like

In ICC it’s as though you’re walking through an invisible wall with full strobe lights, and then suddenly you’re facing in the opposite direction.

1 Like