Elemental spirit needs re-design

Right now, Feral spirits:
steady 30% physical dmg increase. Very good change for the otherwise underwhelming DPS CD, this is great.

Elemental spirits:
lightning wolf: 35% windfury/storm strike + 15% nature dmg. VERY STRONG.
ice wolf: 15% buff for 10~15% of our overall dmg (frost shock + ice strike), ~2% overall.
fire wolf: 15% buff on fire dmg. less than 2% overall if we dont invest in LL talents.

in its current state, we’re spending 1 talent to get RNG for most likely worse wolves than the regular feral spirits.
This makes 0 sense.

IF wolf type is based on last spell cast (SS for lightning wolf, LL for fire wolf, FS for ice wolf), then this will actually be a useful talent.

3 Likes

If they’re not already doing it, the wolves should be bypassing armor with elemental damage, each its own element. It should summon all 3 elements at once.

1 Like

nah 3 elements = 1 useful & 2 useless.
being able to choose the wolf type is the only way this talent is worth taking.
We can have frost wolf on demand for AOE situations with hailstorm (even in this scenario i doubt they’re stronger than lightning wolf’s nature/windfury buff)
Or fire wolf if one is invested in the LL/Fire nova options (otherwise fire wolf is utterly useless)

The problem with your mechanism is that you’ve used the cooldown (frost shock, flame shock, lava lash, stormstrike, etc…) before summoning the wolves, and now the first X seconds of time will be wasted before you can use it again. Summoning all 3 means no matter what you cast next it will be buffed. Period.

its not a problem. they don’t have that long CDs. Having 2x right wolves is way better than 1useful and 2x useless wolves.

1 Like

with the cd reduction on baseline feral spirits, i honestly can’t see a reason to really ever run elemental spirits tbh
its a dead talent now that it doesn’t interact as much

1 Like

precisely why it should be changed

1 Like

agreed
suppose i should say i agree

Why can’t they just make it you get all 3 buffs regardless on the Elemental Wolves we spawn?, would atleast make it more consistent with the dps and far easier to tune.

Just make the different elemental wolves more cosmetic, but the talent brings the buff?.

They could give it the SoP treatment. Activating wolves causes your next elemental spell to buff your wolves according to spell used… ie lightning/frost/fire.

They could give it the slot machine treatment of eleblast. Activating wolves empowers your wolvrs with either fire/frost/lightning.

Who the heck isn’t taking all the Lava Lash talents?

1 Like

everybody in 10.0

Citation very heavily needed.

You literally cannot progress past the 8 Points Required limit on the Enhancement tree without taking Lava Lash, and if you’re not taking Feral Lunge, you can’t avoid taking at least 1/2 in Improved Lava Lash (2/2 if you then want to pick up Hailstorm/Fire Nova and Ice Strike.

From that point on, yeah, sure, it’s strict possible not to put any further points into Lava Lash talents… but why would you? Lava Lash is unavoidably part of our rotation. What are you so desperate to spend those points on instead of buffing it?

The new changes make total sense.

You are making a suggestion that replaces and increases the buff from normal wolves with the lightning wolves.

The entire point of having elemental wolves is that the elemental damage gets increased. There’s no sense in making a lightning wolf to increase Windfury damage.

The new build puts everything in it’s place. If you are going for a full physical build, you dont need Elemental Spirits and use Alpha Wolf to actually work better in AoE instead of praying for a Lightning Wolf to increase your multitarget damage.

AOE there’s alpha wolf
Single target there’s normal wolf.

so what is Elemental wolf good for? wasting a talent point to get RNG wolves which is likely a dps loss?

Single target isn’t strictly better without elemental wolves. If you’re going a Hot Hand build, Fire is quite good, and Storm dogs still buff Windfury and Stormstrike in addition to Lightning Bolt. Not to mention Lava Burst and Elemental Blast getting buffs from Fire and all of them respectively.

The best buff to it at this point would be to remove RNG and summon all three. You’d get 15% all elemental damage, and 35% Stormstrike and Windfury damage. So it would always be a strict increase to the base ability—two 15% physical buffs < 35% to your physical abilities plus 15% extra damage to everything else. On top of that, a third dog would also be attack the boss, which is something.

2 Likes

That’s what I suggested, I feel like giving all the buffs also would we way easier to tune then praying for RNG, and be far…far more consistent.

3 Likes

Because the normal Wolves work for ST only if you are going for a physical build with Haste and Critical (and probably Versatility).

If you are running an elemental build hard on Mastery you are gonna need the Elemental bonuses which are a lot better in the upcoming version.

Or maybe you can ditch improved Wolves and spend those points in Primordial Wave or something else entirely.

The point is this: it’s redundant to have normal wolves increasing physical dmg and nature wolves increasing nature damage and physical damage too. It doesnt make any sense. Pears and apples.

I guess we will see what they actually do with reset. Not that clear to me from the blue post.

Might be that regular feral spirits is +15% physical damage TOTAL (rather than per wolf). And elemental wolves are nature/frost/fire or physical/frost/fire and +15 each. And that the +35% WF and SS is also removed and was just overlooked in the blue post - or that it wasn’t mentioned because there is no physical wolf if you take elemental spirits - just fire/frost/nature so they didn’t think they needed to mention that the ss/wf damage bonus was gone.

When I read the post it became very clear to me that every elemental wolf is gonna buff their acording type of damage and normal ones just physical.

Maybe 30% total damage buff for 2 normals might be a little bit OP, but let’s be OP for once in 8 years XD