Elemental Shaman Ted Talk

Flames of Cauldron should reduce the CD of Flame Shock even more, and Windspeaker’s Lava Surge should go back to being a choice node w/ Elemental Blast (that way we can pick fat burst w/ EB or more consistent burst w/ Windspeaker’s, while keeping Skybreakers).

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

I don’t think this is really necessary, 3s is fine. What we really need is a duration increase, 18s flamies make me want to vomit

I think we’ve all gotten so used to perma long duration flamies with tier that no one is bringing this up.

The new position is far better, made no sense on the left side of the tree.

Skybreakers without tier set will likely go back to uselessness, especially since you can basically get perma fire ele just with surge of power if you wanted to.

Isn’t Flame Shock 6s, unhasted? 4.5s w/ Flames of the Cauldron? If it’s 3 seconds then no complaints here.

I also forgot to say that I’m coming from a PvP standpoint. Skybreaker’s is insane due to it’s synergy with Primordial Bond. A passive 5% dmg reduction when you have an elemental up, along with Elemental Warding, is insane in arena, especially since ele shamans are relatively squishy.

Never thought of Surge of Power. Aftershock seems a lot better due to Mountain’s will fall, but I’m also thinking from an arena standpoint.

Oh I just checked… it used to reduce to 3s, I hope that’s just a wowhead tooltip bug. If 4.5 then I agree w you

Gotcha, gotcha yeah you’re right on that.

I doubt we’ll be playing mountains will fall. Just not good enough compared to Heat Wave/windspeakers/DRE.

I’d say SoP will be the go to over aftershock for certain. Wild burst with stormkeeper, plus ele CD reduction and frequent roots are just too strong for aftershock. Having primal ele and SoP will be crazy for ele survival against melee

Not 100% sold on the SoP root. Was thinking we would be running Elemental Orbit w/ Lightning and Earth Shield, w/ Unleash Shield, if we have the pvp talent to spare. I was hoping our 4p pvp set would give us a free pvp talent slot allowing us to take Unleash Shield.

But if SoP doesn’t DR Unleash Shield then I can see it being insane.

Unleash shield is 20 yards every 30s

It is def not a replacement to anything. It’s supplemental.

Like solely relying on a 20y root for 4s isn’t a thing

And neither the root nor the knock DR with anything in the game which is why as a supplemental cc to short tstorm/earth grab/surge makes it a full kit.

Like If you’re not even sure how it affects DRs I wonder why you’re selling “you can just go unleash”