Elemental Shaman Class Tuning -- March 8

No one asked for this nerf, we weren’t even s tier we were a solid A, in mythic plus this will be upwards of 40% in raids this is 20 to 28% no one not a single shaman player has gone and said I don’t want to have something that is not only thematically call Roy so fun to play and fixes so many of our problems because we are inherently a turret when it comes to combat

Nerfing this talent essentially solves two things. Removing people with disabilities playing the spec, and everyone else as well. No one will play this if they are remotely competitive.

And I have an inkling the reason why there are no buffs is that RSham and Ele share the same spell ID’s for LvB / LB / CL and buffing those inadvertently causes a buff to RSham.

And lets be honest here, this could be simply changed by an intern with a new separate spell ID for those three spells. The hard part is adding it to the 1000’s of iteration of code (especially for a raid) that you are sending out in umm hopefully 2 hours LOL

I was super excited for 9.2 super excited to be back into mythic plus super excited to do thin- I am now dropping my shaman there is no point trying to compensate for this no amount of school is going to change the fact that we have just been done dirtier than arthas being made into 35 anima

7 Likes

Pretty disappointed to not have any responses from the dev team, when these changes came pretty out of the blue before the mythic reset.

Would love to have an open discussion with the team about the vision they have for ele, and what we as players can do, to give good and honest feedback the developers can utilize.

Happy mythic week!

4 Likes

403 responses and 4 days later, the devs have yet to even acknowledge their community complaints about the massive nerfs they made on an already underperforming spec.

And here I thought Blizz was finally doing their stuff right, but they just killed an entire spec 2 days before mythic opens, when a ton of people had already commited and cannot afford to reroll, after having 2 months of PTR testing and people informing about how this build worked on a daily basis.

Good job Blizzard, you’re doing great.

4 Likes

Were on the front page now bring the argument there.

2 Likes

Echoing everything here… absolutely horrible change indicative of the fact that blizzard has no clue what they are doing with ele shaman. if there is no compensation for the significantly lower amount of LBs/CLs being dished out… then this isnt an ‘accessability fix’ but a huge nerf.

wake TF up blizz.

Get in there anyway, Copium or not it has to be said.

No bueno

This is a straight up nerf to a spec that is mid tier, at best, for this raid.
There needs to be some balance, maybe each stack also adds mast or vers or crit in addition to the haste.

Put it in the thread i linked it, Bring it to the front page.

its so embarassing this nerf went live with NO COMPENSATION to our damage profile… Guess blizzard is just sticking with the good ol “you’re the wrong blue”

1 Like

The main issue here is you are asking us to go on the PTR to give feedback, feedback is given that this build might indeed be problematic for accessibility. The result of that is a straight nerf with no compensation when we’re already struggling .

Do you really expect to gather more feedbacks int he future with that kind of workflow ? Especially when the conversation is totally one sided.

1 Like

I’d like to start by saying that I have spent many hours searching the forums and cannot find a single person that complained about the accessibility of an optional talent prior to this nerf. I have, however, noticed within the first 30 seconds that people are upset that they’ve been nerfed into the ground for a reason unrelated to the performance of the spec. I’ve also noticed that Blizzard has gone completely silent and won’t respond to us. Truly horrendous customer support.

I’m very disheartened by the fact that other classes complain and get fixes, but elemental shamans get nothing, despite having nearly double the feedback. What gives? Shamans gave plenty of feedback about the spec and 4-set in the PTR cycle, but it fell upon deaf ears. Now, because of this borrowed power 4-set bonus, the class itself has been nerfed and will likely suffer for this for years.

I still can’t wrap my head around nerfing elemental by 12% in single target and 30% in AoE in the name of accessibility without compensating in literally any way. Elemental was middle of the road, but is now in the dumpster and should not be brought to any PvE content. This is wildly disappointing.

3 Likes

It was an actual feedback in the Set feedback thread and it was mentioned in one of the main ele website : https://stormearthandlava.com/blog/2022/02/14/I-m-sorry.html

The issue is legitimate, the nerf without compensation isnt

the nerf feels horrible doesnt feel good without any compensation for it i was 2805 last season one of the higest elemental shamans 150 in raid you need to change this rework it revert it something you are going to kill the class doing random nonsense stuff like this please read the forums pay attention get rid of this dumb nerf and do something useful

1 Like

Just played ele sham with my M+ build for the first time since the nerf (note that i didnt say in raid, where u wanted to ‘fix’ an accesibility issue) and it feels AWFUL

3 Likes

A single person’s point of view in which the author himself pretty much calls it a meme. Guess I’ll go make a single post on SE&L for Blizzard to listen to me over the giant dump of rage that is this thread.

1 Like

And also at no point did they say to remove the build. Just provided suggestions to help with it.

@Blizzard

Anything yet to respond with, this isn’t going away.

1 Like

honestly just never stop messaging in here till they fix it

2 Likes