Elemental Shaman are Busted

Tbh a geared hunters triple crit with aimed shot auto and multishot is alot more. Poor clothies

2 Likes

What? Do you know how paladins work?

2 Likes

Wait until you get Renataki’s if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Magic burst is more powerful in general because nobody runs resistance sets and at least hunter attacks are affected by armor.

Hunters can burst down clothies like that, but shamans can burst down anyone like that.

3 Likes

just breathe. once mages go fire both ally and horde will have insane burst classes.

right now, most everyone is frost - therefor shamans feel super strong.

1 Like

A 5 minute cool down and a 1 hour cool down…lol.

5 Likes

I said it way back, but people are just too dumb, ignorant, or oblivious to it all… Early phases Pallies are king due to their cooldowns, etc. Once the later phases show up and Shamans are geared up then their unpredictability with their dps and frankly just how hard the damage spikes with gear WILL overwhelm the consistency of Paladins. Such is life in vanilla. Your time in the sun is over.

4 Likes

You know mages can do the same thing on an identical cooldown right?

You know Reckoning Paladins can too?

Hell, even Balance druids can smoke people with a good Starfire crit. I’ve seen that crap crit for 3500+.

This thread is literally

X KILLED ME ONCE NERF IT TIL THAT CANT HAPPEN ANYMORE

7 Likes

Shamans > Paladins

4 Likes

Just wait til you see Warlocks in full T3 next year. Shadowbolt crit + Nightfall Shadowbolt crit = 8k.

4 Likes

Which is the same as a silence for paladins.

1 Like

Nah I’ll take multiple blessings anyday.

Well, no. It doesn’t silence. It interrupts. Big difference.

But yeah. You’re right. Elemental shaman burst damage is absurd. Lightning bolt, chain lightning and a shock can all land on a target within a global.

They’re basically like a POM pyro mage except every time instead of every 3 minutes. And also there’s no trinket to reflect their spells. And also they can heal and have high armor.

4 Likes

Chain lightning can also hit multiple targets from range

2 Likes

Shamans will only get stronger too, wait till you get hit with an ele mastery from a fully AQ geared ele with tier 2.5.

3 Likes

laughs in druid

I mean, I could explain the mechanics of how they function differently between classes…and how certain ablities/spells are fundamentally different in portant ways…but I don’t think you care.

Suffice it to say; POM/Pyro Mages and or Heavy Fire/Combustion Mages are NOT the same as elemental shaman.

There are some things mages do better (control) and some thing shaman always do better (Reliable spell criticals on back to back casts via batching).

The closest thing mages have to Ele sham double crit via spell batching would be a casted frostbolt/fireblast or casted frostbolt/ cone of cold I to shatter abusing batching. Potentially POM fireball/frostbolt into an instant in a frozen target if you have shatter.

1 Like

With AQ and mages going fire now, sheep pyro pom pyro. Mages non crit will put out that same damage. T2 fire mages will crit for 2-3k easily. P5 also brings the spell penitration trinket from defilers rep, it will only get worse if you don’t have pvp gear that stacks stamina.

I 2 shot people too, should I be nerfed as well?

4 Likes

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue: I want free kills only please.