Ele shaman rerolling

What’s the fastest leveling build for Druid at the moment? is it feral, or boomkin?

Tank, spam instances with zero queue time.

2 Likes

Tank for sure just spam dungeons

1 Like

Actually while leveling now if you queue as all 3 role you’d be surprised how often your not asked to tank.

So to the OP just psam instance otherwise, feral is faster for solo questing then oomkin IMO.

This is true. However, that leaves the speed of your runs to chance. No thanks to putting any trust in the many inexperienced players queing as tank for faster ques.

Nothing can carry levelling dungeons like an experienced player tanking. You can literally double or triple the speed. Compared to the nightmare of pulling threat and waiting for what seems like an eternity if you’re an experienced player dps’ing with a less experienced tank.

So if you have some clues, just que as tank and smash it out and get it over with.

I’m leveling my alt as resto and dungeon queues take like 2 minutes tops.

Balance for solo questing. Feral is slower to kill if you can’t get behind things and stack bleeds. You’ll do a lot of prowling in and out of quest areas to avoid killing excess stuff.

But yeah, any spec that gets fast dungeon queues is quick.

I’d say feral is fastest leveling spec over moonkin if questing. But if you’re strictly going for speed, you’re probably best off with learning to tank as already suggested.

You no longer have to be behind enemies for shred, and I think the requirement to be behind enemies was removed quite some time ago. feral is able to now stack bleeds easier than ever, especially since you basically get to keep Tiger’s Fury (+your energy) up infinitely while questing.

2 Likes

I find it pretty hard to believe that feral is faster than just throwing starfall up and literally dotting the entire world.

All I did when lvling as balance was run around killing entire screen fulls of mobs, I spent 5x longer looting quest items when that was required, compared to killing the mobs.

You can also heal in moonkin form while moving, with starfall up, while everything dies from dots.

Sorry, there’s zero way feral is faster, because nothing is faster than balance currently. Not if you know what you’re doing anyway. For players that can only handle a few mobs at a time (for whatever reason) they should probably just go melee or tank.

LOL! Shows you how long it’s been since I played feral. It’s either been great DPS but utterly unforgiving or terrible.

This tells me you are leveling with heirlooms or gear that is ahead of the normal curve of quest gear in some other way.

This sounds no different from raking + 1-2 point ripping a bunch of mobs then thrashing and swiping them down. You’re already in melee range to loot. Feral also comes with a movement speed boost. Also, feral’s version of Wild Charge is far better for leveling.

And feral let’s you select a target much easier as opposed to starfall. We’re talking questing efficiency, not necessarily just mob killing efficiency.

I’m not going to do a speed test run to compare. I could see how balance is fast also, but I really believe feral is faster for strictly leveling.

You’d also run yourself oom as a boomkin I can imagine, whereas feral gets unlimited energy, if managed properly, in the form of the Predator Talent, which is the first tier.

You mentioned healing, but feral gets predatory swiftness rather early I believe. Thus, feral can heal in cat form also.

Oom? Mana vs energy?

Difficult to target with starfall?

You’re clueless mate.

Balance uses Astral Power, which is a builder/spender system.

Starfall hits every mob in combat for 40yds in every direction. There is NO targetting at all, it’s the most braindead way to AOE in the game currently, by far. That’s a 5026 square yard AOE centred on the druid, that moves as they move, and only hits things they tag.

You just keep starfall up and moonfire/sunfire mobs from 40yds. They’ll die from those 2 globals alone (with starfall up).

There’s a reason pretty much every druid levelled as Balance in SL upon release, or wanted a Balance druid in their group.

I’ve played all 4 specs, Balance is the fastest hands down. Because you have ranged (and AOE) dots and mobs will die from those two globals before a feral even gets to them.

Balance also has the highest or 2nd highest AOE sustain in the game without CD’s. (Ele sham is up there since their AOE buffs, but things need to stay in EQ which makes it a lot clunkier to AOE while lvling).