Ele shaman or balance druid

I currently can’t decide upon either a ele shaman or playing as balance druid. I’ve read of some of the changes but wondering what is better or more fun

I have both at 50 but haven’t played them since prepatch. I read a few posts a couple weeks ago that balance is not quite as fun as before the changes. I would read the individual class forums for the current state. Elemental has more skills. See the icy veins class guides for rotations and talents.

If you have not tried mage, I would give that a try too as you get three Dps specs Instead of one. You tube has videos on all of them. Might as well try them all. All rankings will change when Shadowlands launches because legendaries, covenants, conduits will change gameplay and performance.

Ele and balance are currently about even in the current raid. Balance is a a little better in dungeons while Ele is average, but there are ususally nerfs and buffs going into a new expansion.

Assuming you’re going for fun factor and not trying to base your decision on the current flavor of the month (based on who deals more), I would recommend Elemental Shaman of the two… unless you plan on getting really crazy with Starfall and big pulls (which will be less of a thing in Shadowlands).

Between the two of them, probably Ele. I wouldn’t recommend either of them right now, especially for a new player. Have you tried Warlock or Mage? Both are solid DPS classes that are quite fun and bring a lot of utility.

I don’t play Shaman but Balance doesn’t have smooth play atm. Lot of discussion about it in the Druid forum but the general consensus is that it’s gone downhill.
The whole dual eclipse thing is kind of clunky.

Might get fixed with the SL release but I haven’t kept up with what’s happening with it on the PTR.