Ele Shaman Cook

This might be a total trash cook, but, I know a lot of people aren’t super happy with Ele’s thematic, it’s feeling a lot like Fire Mage recently. I really like the idea of Ele’s core theme to be centered around utilizing all of the elements to deal damage. Which kinda reminds me a bit of another game I play based on using different elements to trigger elemental reactions.

So what if instead of an awkward builder spender playstyle with heavy lava burst proccing, we had a more elemental reactionary rotation. So you’d hit an enemy with a lightning bolt and they’d get a nature debuff, which stacks to like 5 or something and if you hit them with a fire spell does like an AoE fire damage ramping based on the nature debuff stack and leaves behind like a branding debuff that makes your next 4 ice shocks do big damage give your a buff that makes your next 5 nature spells cast faster or something. And then Ascendance you’d visibly swap between the different elements and their effects would be stronger and for mastery it would make the effects stronger too.

I know Ele already has a few talents that promote weaving the different elements, but it’s gameplay never felt like you really were a weaver of the elements, you either went lightning build or fire build.

1 Like

S1 Fire
S2 More Balanced
S3 Fire

I’m a meatball fan so I like it, but I understand the concern (I liked s1 more than s3 in that regard though). The main issue with the S2 playstyle imo was that it felt bloated to me. I’m a simpleton and in S2 we had too much, especially for ST rotation.

Personally I just wish EBlast was a bigger nuke and Ascendance worked around Eblast having no maelstrom (Or heavily reduced maelstrom) cost. I am in favor if we took some power away from the Flame Shock / Lava Burst interactions. I think it should be easier to spread Flame Shocks but Flame Shock and Lava Burst should be a lower % of our overall damage output and bring up Lightning Bolt with stronger SoP buffs. Lightning Bolt just feels so meh.

I mean when we look at top raid logs, lava burst is over 50% of damage and casts. That is just poor design imo. Our spec icon is a lightning bolt and we don’t even use that spell.

My favorite build would be one that ignores IF but takes Ascendance (Change it to EBlast as mentioned above), Stormbringer and PWave. I love having a nice big fatty CD for burst/Lust windows. Stormbringer and PWave are a nice combo (One fire one storm) for shorter CDs and provide just enough management with a simple rotation that has 4 ST abilities (Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt & Eblast). Main priorities would be correct execution of SoP/MotE.

BYQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAg0SrJJlkEkg0oFIJSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA