Ele in pvp?

How are we right now? Been considering wanting another caster/ranged for pvp after enjoying lock for a good 2 months now, and all melee classes before that. Is ele solid in pvp, at least in the right hands?

Yes it is solid in BGs and Arena. Does lots of damage with fire based builds.

I don’t think it’s top tier because of survivability issues but it’s definitely close.

Rogues are still the nemesis. Just came out of a BG where I was plagued by 3 of them. Granted, I’m not fully conquest yet, but it seems to me that no matter what I do to get them off me, it does not work.

Prepared to be frustrated by that, if you are left to free cast, you will do good damage.

Lots of boom, lots of doom.

Buuuut you better hope a healer loves you because you’re a big glass target.

Rogues legit just have waaaaay too many ways to stick to you.

1 Like

Last time I tried solo shuffle…

I just had a ret/warrior/rogue as dps in the lobby. I just got sat the entire time. Six rounds straight. They did nothing but hammer on me. There was an interupt or stun for everything I would have ever tried to hard cast. They had a root break for every root. A charge or leap or speed boost that covered every yard I could gain near instantly. It was six rounds of pure frustration.

BG’s are better though.

2 Likes

Well I’m 70 now in full greens and I’ve gathered that the only build viable for ele in arenas is instant lava burst spam build, so you shouldn’t even be casting except for Hexes to CC and maybe Icefury to ramp up frost shock dmg that synergizes with lava burst, but since Icefury is frost school, getting kicked in that is super minor since your main schools are fire and nature.

It’s still definitely a struggle for sure though when going against meta melee classes that just go banana mode on us and we have limited survivalbility, especially since everyone has gotten tier 50 times over by now this far into season 3 and I won’t get any til this coming Tuesday. On top of that, healers in solo queue for some reason keep you sitting at like 50-60% health for a whole 20 seconds instead of just keeping you topped.

Edit: Now full tier w/ weapons and yeah I’m in absolute love

1 Like

Ele is pretty good in pvp, and like any ranged class, if left to free cast you will melt almost anything very quickly. That’s the reason you get focused so often, and it unfortunately means you have to go with instant cast builds so you’ll be stuck throwing meatball procs most of the time.

Yeah idk if I’m a fan of this Earth Shock + Lava Burst spam build. I prefer Legion ele design lol, or MoP even

1 Like

Just came out of 2 bgs today and was focused pretty much in both. It was pretty much the same yesterday too. If you are on a strong team it helps, but it’s really to the point it’s not enjoyable to play.

Other players know the damage we can push out and want to shut it down immediately. Unfortunately, although I use my totems to the best of my ability, it’s not stopping them.

It’s really frustrating and makes me want to shelve playing ele altogether.

Entirely incorrect. Your damage rolls out anyways and it cannot be stopped. You get focused because Ele has super weak defensives.

Yeah kind of absurd that if we try to burrow a marksman’s rapid fire for example, it doesn’t matter, once they start beaming, burrow doesn’t do bantha poodoo.