Ele AoE question

Soo 2 questions to see if I haven’t been maximizing my AoE dps:

1. Do you guys hard cast lava burst when doing AoE? I just spam chain lightning until I get a lava surge proc.

2. Earth shock or earthquake? Earth shock seems to do significantly more single target damage so I’m curious if Earthquake is worth casting.

Thanks

Bwonsamdi out

I tend not to hard cast Lava Burst for aoe. As far as I know you’d only do that to use a Primordial Wave buff. But if you’re good about multi dotting you should usually have a Lava Surge proc.

Earthquake is definitely worth casting whenever there are two or more targets unless you need to focus one of them down.

1 Like

Not taking covenants or leggos into play as NL and SBFD will alter this.

LvB up to 3 targets with FS on each.
Lava surge only on 3-4 targets

CL on 2+ targets
EQ on 2+ targets

SK LB on 1-2 targets
SK CL on 3+ targets

2 Likes

I personally only hard cast LB if it’s one or 2 targets (sometimes 3). If I’m going for Cleve I’m spamming CL and EQ when I have enough MalS. In AOE situations you can spread flame shock but again CL is the better for max Cleve and only casting LB on a Proc rather than trying to hard cast LB.

If I’m wrong someone correct me. Been a bit since I’ve played Ele as I have been Whack A mole mode with Enhancement last few weeks.

1 Like

1 target: hard cast LvB and earth shock
2t: hard cast LvB/chain lightning/EQ
3t: instant cast LvB/maintain FS on 3/chain lightning/EQ
4t: do not press flame shock - do not cast lava burst - strictly chain lightning and EQ

This rotation changes slightly if you are playing Great Sundering or MoTE

1 Like

Thanks guys! I still cast flame shock on 4+ targets as I was under the impression of that Ele is one of those specs that have to dot everyone. Will run some keys to see some improvement.