Edit: Spell activation bug?

Hi, I just resubbed since DF launched and have noticed immediately in Orgrimmar and dungeons, that Disengage works about half the time.
Sometimes the button will light up like I pressed it, but it will not jump me back, and it will not incur the cooldown.

Is this a bug? Is this a “new UI” setting?
My addons are all updated.

Any help appreciated.

I personally haven’t had any trouble with disengage not working when I hit it. This might sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you’re hitting the write keybind? Or clicking it if you click.

not a silly question at all. I am hitting the key, then when I realize it didn’t work, I hit it again. It is almost to the point where I have to hit it 2 times to get it to activate :confused: The button lights up the first press.
Some sort of press/release feature in new UI?

I don’t think so. I just tried it with my mouse button, keyboard, and clicking it, and nothing makes me have to double-press it. I even turned the new ‘Press and Hold Casting’ thing on, and that didn’t make a difference. I don’t have any UI addons, not sure what addons you use.

where can I find that press and hold bit?

Is there a queue up cast kind of option? I’m playing with zero addons and if I press Disengage while I’m casting, the Disengage key lights up until until my Aimed Shot cast is complete, then Disengages right after. My addons could be conflicting with this.

In the options part of the game menu. I just typed in ‘Press’ and the Press and Hold Casting came up. If you’re playing marks, that might be it since I think there’s sorta a queue for the next spell you press. I could be wrong, but I don’t play marks so I am not an expert at that.

I just tested it, and seems to be what it’s doing.

You’ll have to make a macro I think for it. Here’s the one I made that works.
#showtooltip Disengage
/stopcasting Steady Shot
/shotcasting Aimed Shot
/cast Disengage

I think those are the only two abilities you’ll need to put in there, but if there’s more, you can just add them. This should help!

I follow ya, casting it during Aimed Shot was kind of a test, I mostly just use Disengage in between packs for mobility which is where I’m noticing this. I just turned off Press and Hold, I’ll do some dungeons and check it out.

Hopefully, that works. If it doesn’t, that macro will so there’s that to fall back on.

yea, nothing is working. I tried both
I tried when I have unspent talents/vs full talents
Maybe it’s a leveling thing, I’m only 45 or whatever

I just tested the macro on my lvl 11 hunter, and it works fine. If you just copy paste:
#showtooltip Disengage
/stopcasting Steady Shot
/shotcasting Aimed Shot
/cast Disengage

Into a macro, it should work.

yea, I have the macro, there’s no difference, sometimes the button lights up and does nothing, sometimes it works.

Hmm I’m not sure then. I suppose you could try putting in a ticket to see if it’s some sort of bug.

I may have to yea

Hey you!
It was my Corsair keyboard/iCue software ^___^

2 Likes

Haha oops, shoulda suggested you check your drivers and software xD If the normal game fixes don’t work, then drivers/software checks are in order. Glad you figured it out! :smiley:

spoke too soon; still happening on my logi keyboard I use for work xD
Edit: something I didn’t mention is it’s any key, and even clicking ‘Accept’ to turn in or pick up quests with my mouse. Disengage was just the most jarring so I noticed it firstly.

Hey you, I really did fix it this time. Here’s my copypasta:

Hey man, there is NO one talking about this, people think they are smart talking about ghosting. If you can 100% rule out ghosting (which is easy to test by pressing multiple keybinds and watching what they do) then I think I have solved it with my final step. This is a list I sent to people about what I remember checking:

-I haven’t logged in or subbed since SL
-My addons are all updated-played for a bit with zero addons, no change
-swapped out keyboard from wired Corsair to wireless Logi
-even though keyboard probably not the issue, I updated the iCue firmware that was out of date, no change-no Windows 10 updates available
-I’m leveling and noticed it occurs with unspent talents and also none available
-Maybe it’s a leveling thing, I’m only level 45?
-ran WoW repair tool, no change-maybe latency, server/client?; closed other background programs, no change
-plugged internet cable connect direct to modem, internet always running well, low MS, no change

The steps that seemed to have fixed this/reset interface:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549?_gl=1*v06fhu*_ga*OTQ4NzgyMzQ4LjE2ODM3MDI2NjU.*_ga_VYKNV7C0S3*MTY4NzU3MjM5Ni42LjAuMTY4NzU3MjM5Ni42MC4wLjA.

After I did those steps I logged into the game, it obviously ran a touch smoother. While I was in-game I clicked “Advanced Troubleshooting” and did the command listed: /console cvar_default

Be aware: you will be "TEMPORARILY" wiping all config options in the base game and removing all addon info, weakauras, and extra assets (like the graphics for the mists of tirna scythe puzzle)

I say temporarily because blizzard’s intention here is you start from scratch with your addons. I’m not having that though. So what I did in addition to Step 6 in the link, I copied Cache, Interface and WTF folders to another drive. after I did that console command, /console cvar_default, I closed down the game, and moved over my backup Cache, Interface, WTF folders back to where they should be, and I retained all my addons and weakauras perfectly. The only things I had to reconfigure was base game/shoddy UI things like turning on “auto loot” and that nonsense.

I felt like this was a long shot, dropping my folders back after /console cvar_default, but hey, it seemed to have fixed issue and bonus, I was able to keep all my stuff.

~~~*
And when I say seemed to have been fixed, I mean since I have done these steps I have pushed m+ keys as a tank, and I have completed two Mage Tower challenges since I did the steps on that link and I have not noticed the issue popping up.