Ectoplasmic distiller going to stay how it is?

Former vanilla devs actually did say that while it wasnt actually intended they thought it was cool for players to figure out they could and do it.

Diamond Flask says hello.

I feel like Classic ā€œfixesā€ are the single most intellectually dishonest Blizzard thing ever doneā€¦and I was around for Kalganism and its ensuing forum meltdown.

If weā€™re going to nerf +healing, +threat, etc, then why not apply it universally? Doing anything less is ā€œNerf Paladinsā€ at best and absolute intellectual dishonesty at worst.

Then why the same logic canā€™t apply to the Ectoplasmic Distiller?
I believe current Actiblizzard has no clue about the original philosophy of the game and they are ruining a fantastic game with their arbitrary decisions and ā€œfixesā€. I still canā€™t believe we are in P5 and still have to deal with layersā€¦

Because the distiller is a quest OBJECTIVE itemā€¦Itā€™s not even meant to be kept. Itā€™s meant to complete a quest.

How are you even comparing these 2 things lol.

1 Like

Wellā€¦ bye.

the difference is that you can always get world buffs and if they fall off nothing happens.

distiller is a quest item so if you ever complete the quest you can NEVER get the item again, this would lead to any warrior that wanted to complete there t0.5 to making it so they could never tank a raid again because they lost the biggest threat item in the game. punishing people for doing things the game tells you to do(completing quests) is not good game design.

also when you say we still have layering you mean the mechanic that completely saved classic from much worse options?

Do you have any idea how bad classic would be right now if layers didnā€™t happen?

1 Like

The furbolg ashenvale quest item wants to speak with you.

2 Likes

The goal is to

1. bring players back from alternative servers into the blizzard ecosystem.
  2. have a live reference to model future retail designs of.

If they change anything, 2 is much more difficult depending on how much they change.

Classic is a very different game from retail, and itā€™s useful to have some mildly uncomfortable things in classic that fit the game as a useful reference to point to when players are unhappy about retail.

For example, classic does a great job showcasing why blizzard avoids powerful stacking buffs in retail, but at the same time, it also gives them a live references for how things ā€œfeelā€ rather than just data, as weā€™ve seen in the past.

The moment they change too much, people will just go to alternative servers.

I think blizzard is learning a lot about their playerbase from the AQ event, the way player mafias operate, how players interact with each other in a world buff meta. These things are good references blizzard can point to when they make future designs, that they clearly forgotten or didnā€™t think about over the years.

1 Like

True, but does that affect any PvE encounters? You are being silly for the sake of an argument.

It has PvE uses for anyone that isnā€™t a WARRIOR tankingā€¦I think we found the core issueā€¦

It affects your argument which you based on the idea that quest items are meant to be used to complete a quest.

Itā€™s the same sort of cherry picking that Blizzard is currently using.

We either have no changes or we rebalance the game. We canā€™t have both.

4 Likes

Paladins are getting item nerfs left and right while Diamond Flasking still exists. Yeah, the game IS getting balanced, but itā€™s getting done by dropping nuclear weapons on everyone that isnā€™t a WARRIOR in general and Paladins in highly specific matters.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really dumbā€¦likeā€¦really dumb.

It is clearly not that black and white. This isnt an argument of ideals you zealot.

Your argument was easily dismantled. Do better.

Ummā€¦ not really, there is clearly a middle ground between #nochanges and #makeeverychange.

1 Like

But it wasnt.

You just oversimplified it in a really dumb way. You havent dismantled anything. You made yourself look like a ignorant zealot who cant see the difference between a quest item that does a cosmetic change to one that breaks end game raid encounters. Iā€™m done arguing with someone who cant see that GLARING difference.

Yeah, itā€™s calledā€¦

Wait for itā€¦

As Vanilla as Orcishly Possible!

Clearly, as I didnā€™t state make every change.

1 Like

Your argument that questā€™s are meant to be completed. There are known items that players use while not completing a quest. Those who have completed those quests lose the ability to use those items.

Itā€™s a cherry picked argument that doesnā€™t hold up. Donā€™t use an example which has only been used in this one specific case.

Blizzard has chosen to made an exception while condoning every other exploit. You canā€™t do both.

2 Likes

My 2Ā¢ is the gear and quest are what they are, my pvp gear was better however doing this quest is extremely well worth it only donā€™t ever completely finish it. Why?

ECTOPLASMIC DISTILLER!

Very expensive toy and as an alchemist rocket fuel is easy to come by.