Echoes of Ny'alotha missing?

Did yours also return if you logged out/in again, Suuhdude? Looking at your recently played characters I show the character you are posting on having 277 and your Hunter with 18 ( you appear to have recently purchased a Rank 3 essence). I’m not sure which you consider your alt.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problems on this toon. I did multiple things that could reward the currency but I haven’t gotten any of it. MOTHER also shows the essences but not cost for them.

Just got enough Echos on my monk to buy a rank 3 about an hour ago, but this is the only character not getting them. My main even gets Echos

EDIT: Thankfully this appears to be a display issue. I don’t run any UI addons, but exiting the game a few times made them start displaying again.

Hello All,

Just recently had this problem on my monk, who is an alt.

I completely exited the game and logged back in, and the echoes showed up.

Thank you! This worked.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue on mine… I completed the assault in Uldum which rewarded me with 375 today, and thats all I have. I know i had more than that prior to completing the quest… I’ve been collecting them here and there for weeks. I tried relogging and exiting the game. Still only have 375.

Does your character have the legendary cloak? It’s a requirement now to be eligible for Echoes.

1 Like

My cape is rank 9. Has receiving them as rewards only been added this week? I play casually so I never really paid attention to it. I’ve done a few LFR’s (killed N’Zoth) and several Mythics. I just find it weird that my character didn’t have any, while my friends had several thousand. The only thing my friends have been doing that I haven’t are arenas.

Prior to this change, receiving Echoes relied on another character on your account having a Rank 3 Essence that the character in question did not yet have. So if your main had the Rank 3 Essences but your alts did not, then the alts would have been the only ones acquiring Echoes.

Now onto the newest change:

In order to acquire Echoes now, your character must have their legendary cloak. The sources & rate for acquiring Echoes have been increased. Of course, the costs for items from MOTHER have also increased.

More info about the recent changes, can be found in this thread: Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

4 Likes

I ran a search on your 120 Night Elf Hunter, Bishibosh, and the only times I see you receiving Echoes of Ny’alotha would be within the last day. Were you thinking of Coalescing Visions maybe?

3 Likes

My hunter was the only character with the Rank 3 essence… Sorry I didn’t know about that requirement. I do have some on one of my alts.

I have not received any ehoes on my horde warrior since the reset . all other toons get them except my warrior

From the post about the recent changes:

Does your Warrior have the legendary cloak?

2 Likes

How about all the echos I never got since they went live because I had rank 3s. Then you add corruptions to it and I should have been collecting since they came out.

Any talk of reimbursing all of these people’s mains who never got echos in the first place?

I doubt it, the system was until recently only a catch up on essences. That would have been posted in the general forum posts if it was intended to.

3 Likes

That is how the system was intended to work, Rentu. It was recently changed to allow for the addition to the system. So no, it is unlikely to be reimbursement for Echoes you weren’t intended to get.

If that is something you’d like to see, you’ll want to add your feedback to any existing discussion threads on the subject in the General Discussion forum.

3 Likes

I think the announcement spoke to that. That’s part of the reason why they increased the drop rate and costs five fold. So after a week or so of collecting, mains wouldn’t be so far behind alts.

2 Likes

My Echoes Of Ny’alotha Missing Too on 19/05 after the svr reset

Just to be clear Xisgcrazy, nobody in this thread actually had any missing. If you’re referring to your posting character, you likely didn’t either. I say that based on your armory and your essences already on your necklace.

You would only have started earning echoes this week when the changes went live. Prior to that, if your main had all the upgrades already, then they wouldn’t have been earning any echos.

4 Likes

thank for the reply it happen when i cant buy item from mother. but my alt can buy item but not my main can not buy so i read about the bug. about the svr reset. so i waited for the svr reset. after the reset mother item can be buy but end up my echoes when missing.

It was not a bug at the time. When they were introduced you would not get echos on a character that did not have a level 3 essence that another character did have. You would only get them on the characters that did not have the level 3 essences already. Mother would not offer anything if there were no essences you qualified for.

They changed what echos could buy. You can now buy corruptions and keys as well. So all characters can now earn echos and buy things from Mother.

They aren’t missing. Your character was not able to get them until they made the change to what Mother offers.

2 Likes