Earthfury Alliance Pop Dying

It’s really sad that it is this way because just a little discussion on a server’s discord between factions could have potentially kept most server’s at or below a 60/40 ratio; whether Horde or Alliance dominated.
And it’s been echoed a lot, if a person don’t like pvp enough that they can’t handle pvp when they don’t want to be involved with pvp, then that person should have never rolled on a 24/7 pvp server in the first place.

For example, Alliance on Stalagg/Skeram were literally camped to no end; I understand that’s frustrating. “This isn’t what I signed up for” some of them may have said, or “this isn’t PvP, it’s a zergfest.”
Then they all transferred to Heartseeker, a leveling server at the time of free transfers, AND GO ON TO DO THE SAME EXACT THING and said the same exact clichés hat Horde did and said to them, to us Heartseeker Horde. And then when we left they all went “/gasp how did this happen?!”

It’s a vicious cycle. And it won’t stop.

Nearly all the Alliance from Fairbanks are gone. But there’s no point in going to another server where there is an Alliance edge or near even ratio; because it’s only a matter of time before those server’s are doomed, too.

And it doesn’t help that we have not only CRBGs, but HvH. The former being a great balancing tool for the pvp focused players on both sides, and the latter… well, the latter: /face-palm.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying it for awhile that one of the major problems is there are way too many pvp servers.

I wonder this too, like honestly the solution now is just force merges that create 50/50 again.
But oh boy all the noise and rage that would cause.

Personally I wouldn’t want to give up the nice quiet feel of this small server, either.

I never complain about getting ganked personally. I LOVE PVP server life. What I don’t like is every server becoming essentially PVE and having no real choice for those of us who want World PVP and have that as part of why we are playing.

You posted a bunch of passive-aggressive stuff before you left Westfall even though I know you like Ashkandi. It’s really nice that you like laughing at people though.

PvE servers are also slowly dying and the same trend is happening, just look at how insanely populated Mankrik is right now compared to what it used to be back in classic. Several PvE realms are slowly dying (specially horde side).

1 Like

I’m in two guilds on my ally characters and in the Discord for a few more and there are no plans to transfer for any of these yet.

Unfortunately like somebody said cascading is a real thing so as much as I hate being negative I also want to be realistic. I’ll try to talk to you in game.

1 Like

You guys are doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, its the definition of insanity. I feel sorry for you to be honest, but its at the point where ridicule is more effective than legitimate concern.

Blizz isn’t going to give you all free transfers because your realm is lopsided. They would have to do that to 90% of the servers at this point. Merging the PvP servers would go a long way and would probably be the best fit imo.

It’s not all the players fault either, If blizz would of opened more pve realms before tbcc hit like they did at the end of original vanilla we probably wouldn’t be in this boat.

There is no hope of reverting the trend because blizzard will just spin up multiple layers if servers get too crowded.
So you have a gravity issue where the bigger your server is, the more people will get pulled to it. We have way more servers than players, it’s just a matter of time until everyone gravitate towards a few select high pop servers.

The problem right now is that population dynamics are highly asymmetrical, which creates this effect where faction balance trends in a single direction.

It’s a shame, I wish I could play on a balanced server without any of this layering bs.

2 Likes

He transferred off of Westfall because the horde kept leaving but still has zero empathy for others. He’s been on this “PVP servers shouldn’t exist” thing since the first post I saw from him.

I have never once wanted free transfers or requested them in any post I have made.

I have been on Earthfury since September 2019 and have had many world PVP experiences that I very much enjoyed being outnumbered or not. The server has gone back and forth from ally to horde-dominated but pretty close. When TBCC came out the server was 50/50.

Had I been on a PVE server during that time I can’t imagine how dull and boring my game experience would have been. I always make an effort to be respectful to players who like PVE servers but that isn’t everyone.

Almost all PVP AND PVE servers are having issues with becoming one faction. It just doesn’t matter as much on the PVE servers until people have to transfer off. Then it does matter to those PVE players when they have to transfer.

Anyway, you really have zero reasons to be in this thread other than trolling.

1 Like

Yep I’ve considered Grobbulus horde multiple times but the layers and a few other things are problem. I also will not abandon my horde guild and the attitude from some of them is “Why does it matter if the alliance leave the server?” sigh so for horde I have to keep maining here. I’ll see how things go and look into just playing other games and raid logging.

Two things.

1. You are not the only poster in this thread, and contrary to what you believe are not the center or focus of my attention when making a post. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible to you yet you have proven to be highly combative and to be frank quite rude with every post you make towards me.

2. You do not dictate where, when, how, why, or what I am allowed to post about. Its a general discussion board, it isn’t a PvP server only board, if you have a problem with that you can add me to ignore or keep your snarkiness to yourself.

Please dial back your hostility, there is no need to be acting the way you do. At this point I really regret feeling bad for you the other day. But whatever, I hope you have a great day and enjoyable experience nonetheless.

1 Like

Correct but you were replying to my post Nocht so I responded to you in that way. My first post to you was simply to say that some people want to play on PVP servers and not PVE servers.

Why are you in this thread mocking people (meaning everyone in the thread) instead of either staying out of it or having empathy? Sure you can post here, but why are you?

You’ve been just as snarky in posts to me if not more so.

Apparently typing “lol” is mocking people in 2021. Somehow it doesn’t surprise me tbh. I’m just gonna save myself the frustration and put you back on ignore.

1 Like

People want to play on a PVP server where their faction dominates. If the patterns have proven anything, it’s that.

And there’s nothing Blizzard can do to prevent that except for adding faction based queues or something, which is worse imo.

1 Like

There are things they could have done like restricting character creations and realm transfers for specific realms until there’s a balance. It stopped more realms from having this problem when they did this exact thing in Classic. They just didn’t and it’s pretty much too late at this point going by the numbers.

Classic was absolutely amazing for World PVP so it was nice to have that anyway. It’s a shame that there are pretty much no games that exist for people who like what I do so it’s like pserver or something which I don’t even want to play on or maybe the fresh Classic will work, I don’t know.

Several thousand players is dying :thinking:

Um. Our numbers are going down every week and we are losing our best guilds to Benediction because they know the clown show that is phase 2 will not be worth it

:man_shrugging: id kill to have 2k people to play with.

give orcs to alliance, dwarves to horde.

Done.

One server for NA and one for EU for classic… simple in theory idk about actually doing it. But it’s probably the best thing to do