Earthern Race

I dont think anyone is actually against the race being playable.
I just dont think anyone particularly cares that theyre being made playable.

Basically, no one has enough interest either way to actually be upset.

2 Likes

I know that Iā€™m more confused over the matter. It just really feels weird that we got a dwarf variant race as a playable Horde race before we got the likes of Ogres and Forest Trolls.

allied races are boring thats why. if i dont play any dwarves why would i care about a rock one

I am surprised that they used the word ā€œEarthenā€. Does that mean Earth is going to show up in the Azeroth universe? Could Azeroth actually be in orbit around a star near us? Maybe Alpha Centauri A?

On the upside, shirtless is a universally sick look on dwarves, so itā€™ll be an easy problem to get around.

IIRC ā€œearthā€ was one of the terms used to describe land before people started calling the planet that (and we started calling the planet Earth because of a Roman goddess I believe, hence why itā€™s also ā€œMother Earth,ā€ it was also called Terra and Orbis in some circles). Same concept exists in Azeroth, but she already had a name thanks to the various titan constructs half of the player races descended from.

Really, the bigger upset here is that our dumb selves effectively named our home planet ā€œsome dirtā€ when we couldā€™ve been living on Orbis.

2 Likes

Also, the day to be flabbergasted that WoW is casually referring to Earth passed back in Classic when we had earth elementals.

The fun thing with writing/reading fantasy is that you have to generally just accept the fact that youā€™re reading something that would have been translated from whatever language they actually speak there, which would obviously not be English because England doesnā€™t exist in {insert fantasy world}.

So just assume that ā€œearthā€ and ā€œearthenā€ is just being translated from whatever their actual language uses for that, and move on with only a mild headache.

no, i like dwarves and im excited to be able to play as one on horde (albeit an earthen one)

3 Likes

Earthen are like the worst version of dwarves.

Most people dwarf list goes

Dark Iron=/=Wildhammer
Base dwarf
Frost dwarves
Earthen.

Why would anyone willing want to play a eunuch dwarf

Iā€™m indifferent about an allied race like that, doesnā€™t have the same impact in visual difference that a Vulpera or Kul 'Tiran have, itā€™s still pretty much the same silhouette, but with rocks and gems. Cool, donā€™t get me wrong, but it doesnā€™t get me excited and I wish it was more different.

HOWEVER, I do love that it is a cross faction race, so having dwarves in the Horde is cool. Plus them seeming to be the origin of all dwarves- those that didnā€™t get the curse of the flesh- I think thatā€™s really cool as well. (I assume this is the case)

My absolute favorite part of this whole thing was the reveal of a subset of bipedal Nerubians, when Nerubians have been a consistent presence in every discussion about upcoming or desired playable races.

Nah, hereā€™s a third set of dwarves. Oh and the women have beards.

They look interesting and I canā€™t wait to make one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not exactly pumped for them (and I play mainly dwarves) but more broadly speaking itā€™s great to see allied races picked back up as a feature. Perhaps weā€™ll see more throughout the War Within (as we got more from Legion and during BFAā€™s patches) and/or the rest of the Worldsoul Saga.

1 Like

Earthen wouldā€™ve been a good option in Cataclysm. Iā€™ve been waiting for playable Tuskarr since Wrath :sob:

No I think itā€™s fine. Itā€™s just an AR.

Blizzard didnā€™t even tell us what the racials were. I am not sure what they were thinking.

We didnā€™t need a new race that is for sure. I would rather go deeper on the story for the ones we already have.

Iā€™m bit meh and ok with the Earthern Neutral Allied Race. If your someone who played on the Alliance you are going to be bit annoyed and disappointed but for the horde itā€™s a ok to good and mix bag overall.

Through I still think the Mogu would have been a good choice as well.

I find it weird they confirmed no Earthen Druids.

You mean the race LITERALLY part of nature, canā€™t be the most nature themed class? What.

The dwarves leave me not very excited. I wish we got those cool looking bipedal nerubians instead. Or something long requested like Sethrak.