Earthern Race

Theyre starting to grow on me.
But since its the rocks on their body that are what seems cool, i fear that any appeal they could have there would be ruined by armor.

2 Likes

Eh, they’re pretty boring and will probably have all of five dedicated players a year out from launch. Dwarves have never been super popular, though.

5 Likes

This is what I was thinking, silhouettes are a big deal in design right? If all the details, the cool bits, are gems or their textures, and we go and throw tier whatever on them, they are just dwarves? I don’t know it’ll be neat to see what they come up with, but I feel there is a big limiting presence with them being dwarves and not another model.

1 Like

Yeah, luckily I don’t think a whiff with a race is as big of a deal as if they whiffed with a class, but I don’t expect to see a lot of Earthen players. It’s the third playable dwarf race when ogres, tuskarr, jinyu, and even more are usable.

4 Likes

I mean they’re just tall grey dwarves.

We already have fiery grey dwarves. I’m sure the lore will make them cooler and we’ll have to see about racials but otherwise… eh?

Nothing exciting for me. Earthen, would’ve been cooler as an OG allied race with Dark iron as a customization option. As it is, it’s a race that… idk. I say this as a dwarf lover, they’re dull. It’s just marginally better than getting elf #5.

2 Likes

Already a 250+ post thread on this from yesterday.

There would be a butt ton of noise being made for another racial customization pass.

There is the Earthen Warrior set, that might accomplish a cool look. :robot::thought_balloon:

…but give them the Geocrag with a Sandstone Drake and you might get an Earthen Dragon for RP stuff. :dracthyr_comfy_bronze:

2 Likes

Yeah Earthen as a playable race is kind of a miss for me, personally.

But the rest of the expansion looks good enough to forgive it.

3 Likes

They have other skin colors than only grey. Also you can change the color of the crystals on their skin.

It is a dwarf more or less… AGAIN.
And that crowd isn’t that perky anyway.

Ion also isn’t one to inhibit any emotion lol , if anything the opposite.

Baffling decision. A lot of other allied races I think would be much better received: Sethrak, Ogres, Vrykul, Tuskar, Saberon, Drakonid…

3 Likes

I like more that allied races are still around. Means we might get more with the patches/expansions. Earthen are cool but personally means we might get stuff like robot gnomes. The mechagnomes we wanted… or at least more customization.

The elf expansion opens up the possibility for many things like more high elf stuff, san’layn, warden class, battle mage class, spell warden, etc. Would love to see that. I am excited with the transmog stuff and horde dwarves. But I feel excited to see if we get more allied races in that first expansion. 2nd expansion would be ideal for san’layn.

I sort of wanted more specs added so maybe some patches will add those over time?

Oh cool! I wish that made them seem more exciting to me but it’s just… not.

You can customize the corns stuck in your poop-dwarf. Why isn’t amped for a third dwarf race!

It was certainly a bold choice. I don’t think there was a lot of people begging for rock dwarves.

I think they did it only because they’re still iffy about adding new races that aren’t tied to the current story for w/e reason. Honestly they should just break that mentality.

There are plenty of races in the game that are already allied with our factions but not playable. Just add them. You don’t even need a giant questline to do it.

2 Likes

No one asked for rock dwarves or wanted a third race of dwarves.

WoW reveal had the least cheers.

Wasnt the biggest reveal, but if the racial is on par with the other two dwarven options I see it being popular on Horde.

1 Like

Most likely no one knew what he was talking about. If they didn’t like it they would have been booing.

1 Like

I dont think anyone is actually against the race being playable.
I just dont think anyone particularly cares that theyre being made playable.

Basically, no one has enough interest either way to actually be upset.

2 Likes