Earthen Ring (RP server)

Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured more roleplayers would check here. Just wanted to take time out to talk a little about this server and what it means to me.

I played on Earthen Ring for quite a few years and even though I wasn’t one of the OG veterans that have been there since classic, I still felt right at home with the people I met during my time there. Even when the server was medium pop during WoD and Legion there was still groups forming for RP and community events every week. I really miss the Booty Bay pub rps and Shaw’s weekly story night hosted over on horde side. This server had some of best roleplay interactions I had encountered since I started wow 8 - 9+ years ago. Everyone was always so friendly and welcoming, very close tight-knit community. Over the past few years the server saw mass decline and now its rare to see more than two people in Stormwind or Orgrimmar (Played both factions fairly evenly). I still hold onto fond memories in hope that this server will see greatness once again, even after I had moved off the server. I still keep alts there that I level/play on fairly often just to see how the servers doing.

Even though the RP guilds are few and the community is very small I just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone there for being such a kind and welcoming bunch on both sides. We are one of the many low pop servers that haven’t been merged with any other rp realm (Maybe there’s a possibility we can join in with ArgentDawn/TheScryers since they are also EST RP servers and on the low pop spectrum) or maybe get some new folks to try the server out for themselves and help revitalize it to a flourishing community once more!
Thank you if you took time out of your day to read this, I know to a lot of folks this is just another #saveER post but it does suck to see something you cherished slowly die out. But hey! Gotta keep your hopes up somehow. Maybe Blizz will finally see how low it has come and do something about it, if not, it’s up to us to rebuild and come back to what we once used to be.

4 Likes

I feel your sentiments.
I main Ally side on Wyrmrest, always been a “Full” server. Haven’t seen it tagged Full in a while.
The RP on ally side…
It is heartwrenching. Used to be pretty lively in SW. Now, it seems like all the Ally players are moving to Moon Guard, and WRA is leaning more Horde-sided.
It sucks hard. I can’t find anyone to RP with anymore in SW.
I hope you find all the RP you want and need. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heres a invitation link to the new community I made earlier. We are accepting anyone and everyone with an interest in roleplay from any server and in hopes attempting to rebuild the community of Earthen Ring!

1 Like

Those were good times… great people.

As an active player on ER and with multiple characters with backstories that I would love to RP with, I am thrilled to see this post! I seriously thought there was little to no RP left on ER, so I am eager to join the community! I have Alliance and Horde characters (one of which is getting a full on fanfiction this November lol). I am so glad to see you! Thank you for posting!

The go-to RP channels on Earthen Ring used to be forthehorde and forthealliance.

Try joining the appropriate ones for your character’s faction.

1 Like

Why you give invitation to Alliance side if you are looking for Horde connections?

I’m with The Horde.
Looking for adventuring RPers.
Any ideas??

Check the forthehorde chat channel.

Oh my gosh, Shaw’s weekly story night!!! My life just flashed before my eyes. I also got my RP start on Earthen Ring.

I was part of a guild called the World Keepers on ER for a long time and I used to host The Verdant Gathering monthly druid/shaman RP events on that realm. My main was Tarhoof.

I’m happy to hear from someone on Earthen Ring here, keep the stories alive!