Earth Elemental Improvement

Heya, just some thoughts and ideas on how to improve Earth Elemental to a better ability.

Considering Earth Elemental more or less now days is used exclusively as a defensive for its 15% increased health doesn’t really cut it to justify its 5 minute cd.

Essentially what I’m saying it needs to either do more to be a 5 minute cd if they want to continue to keep it at this cooldown time. I’ve come to think of a few ideas would love to hear everyone’s feedback though and their suggestions. (Both ideas still have the 15% max hp to the player these are added ontop effects).

Stronger Defensive,

• Earth Elemental provides a 15-20% Damage Reduction buff, “Earthen Ward” to the player while Earth Elemental is active, simple flat out DR great in all situations.

• Earth Elemental provides a Shield “Earthen Barrier” for 30% of your Shamans maximum HP (this includes the 15% max hp it gives you), better burst damage defence.

Second idea could be more a group defensive,

• while Earth Elemental is active pressing it again makes the Earth Elemental cast “Earthen Barrier” on up to 5 Targets, granting them a Shield of 30% of Your maximum HP, so this will include the 15% hp boost. Earth Elemental will always cast “Earthen Barrier” if not used when it expires.

More stronger then mages mass barrier but longer cd and we can time it when we need the HP and barrier later. Or simply can be cast on use if recasting is a hassle.

Thoughts? Opinions?.

3 Likes

i mean earth ele used to have a 40% dr, they just removed it for some reason like ELE IS TOO TANKY WE NEED TO TAKE OUT ONE OF THEIR DEFENSIVE.

It’s because Reincarnation is one of our Defensives, according to the geniuses in charge of shaman class design.

I would like it to have at least one permanent elemental, since for some reason mages can’t have it because some people don’t like it and always highlight this function for shaman or lock, however demons are not pleasant at all.

No thank you. We’re not a pet class. We’re a class that has guardian pets as cooldowns.

It would be optional and it would be nice for solo content.

If they added an option for a permanent pet, that pet would have to be weakened, and then we would end up being changed into a pet class. We’re not warlocks or hunters. We don’t need nor want permanent pets.

I wish the Earth Ele looked happier.

Also I wish we could have a metal pole sticking out of it and our chain lightning would bounce from our targets onto the lightning rod and it would act like a taunt to the earth ele.

But mostly I wish it looked happier. Like make it dance or something.

1 Like

Speak for yourself. Lots of forum posters ask for more elemental summons even if that doesn’t mean permanent, more uptime is nice and earth ele doesn’t deal much damage so it wouldn’t be a balancing issue, earth ele is all about the defensive bonuses.

I’m all for a shorter cooldown, but I played a frost mage when our water elemental was forced to become a permanent pet and became permanently annoying. I never wanted a permanent pet then, and we don’t need one now. Make it a 3 minute cooldown, and I’ll be happier.

3min cd just for a 15% health ? hell no.
maybe 1.5min cd just like priest

Right now, it’s a 5 minute cooldown that taunts and gives 15% maximum health as a bonus for 1 minute. I was thinking logically.

I would prefer they make it a choice node. Earth Elemental (as it is) on a 2 minute cooldown or a standard defensive cooldown like Shamanistic Rage.

Pick the one that best suits whatever you’re doing and call it good.

2 Likes

As a player like you I also disagree with your opinion. Diversity doesn’t hurt anyone, there isn’t a class that has elemental pets. Thanks

Remove the taunt so we can use it in dungeons.

Edit: Otherwise, great idea. A little op, but Shaman need help with survivability.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t taunt off of a tank. It will taunt off of any dps or healer spec player, though. Even when I drop it for a rare out in the world, it seems to not taunt if the mob is attacking a tank spec player.

It will immediately taunt if that tank goes down, though.

1 Like

It doesn’t taunt bosses. It does taunt trash mobs.

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up. I stand corrected.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I’ll have to test that with my buddy later.

I personally use the Earth Elemental + Ancestral Protection Totem + Ancestral Vigor to get a massive +15+10+10% health bonus at the second half of all M+ bosses. I essentially become impossible to kill (+ the revive from the totem). Also, while Earth Elemental is out, if you put two other totems down you get a movement speed boost if talented into Winds of Al’Akir. Just a thought!