Dynamic Head

Hello, I am writing to see if there are any commands to reset/enable the dynamic head motion in BFA. I absolutely love this feature in roleplay, and my friend does not have much luck regarding the feature. She’s streamed her game to me and it does not work properly, when she highlights a player, or npc her character still looks straight ahead, and if others have her targeted they look straight ahead for her. Any sort of feedback would be appreciated this really brings life into the game and I would love for her to experience this.

I’m not entirely sure that there are any commands to run, strangely. It’s about two years into that little flair’s life or so, but I think it’s just regular default behavior, and no real way to disable it. She can try a UI reset to see if it’s a misbehaving addon, but I have strong doubts they’d affect it.

Otherwise, you’ll probably have better luck asking in the UI and Macros forum, I wager.

Out of curiosity, what’s her character’s placement in relation to the character she’s testing this on? As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t trigger if they’re behind her or more than 5-10 meters away.

2 Likes

We tried this on five characters she would test to see if the heads follow from distance. She noticed the head after we did a bunch of weeklies. we would stand well within five meters. bordering inside of one yard. she caught the head looking down to her and her looking up for the first time. then after looking at other people both heads looked straight ahead as if she wasn’t there on her end.

/console cvar_default

There’s a bunch of cameraHeadMovement CVars that are probably misconfigured for her. Resetting the UI won’t necessarily reset them but the above command will reset all CVars. You could also try resetting them via the AdvancedInterfaceOptions CVar Browser if you don’t want to reset everything.

1 Like

Like in-game or through like cmd? In-game, I just get told I don’t have the permissions to perform that function when I type in /console cvar_default.

Just type it in the chat box. There’s nothing that will block that command. You might get a warning that you’re running a custom script but that’s it.

1 Like

If you’re getting a error about performing a “protected function only available to Blizzard” when you run the script you might have and addon (or more) causing taint.

1 Like

I am still getting this issue after the expansion, after sex-changing my character even to see if it was some weird model glitch, getting a brand new hard drive, and fresh install of the game (no addons). Now I have had this character for like a decade and a half. I just feel like there is broken code on it server side because it is certainly not something client side.

1 Like

So, got a new gaming PC. Another fresh install of the game, no mods, and still don’t have dynamic head movements. If anyone has new ideas, I would love to hear them.

Make a video of it, post in bug report. Blues actually visit that forum.