DX12 Explicit Multi-GPU

There have been claims that WoW now supports DX12 Explicit Multi-GPU.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/explicit-multi-gpu-support-added-to-shadowlands/719871

These claims are mostly unsubstantiated at this point and I have not seen many (any?) other people confirming that result. DX12 Explicit Multi-GPU is a great feature if this is true. Has anyone else here experimented with this yet?

This is the more flexible and vendor-independent DX12 replacement for SLI/Crossifre

I’m posting this here because threads in the General Discussion section get pushed off the front page in minutes and no one gets a chance to see or comment on it.

Well from my personal experience from my post, I can verify that it worked with a combination of two RTX 3070s, and RTX 3070 and RTX 3080.

In my honest opinion, I doubt the Blizzard devs even intended to add this feature or even are aware that they added the feature/support, rather they probably just implemented the latest “DX12 Ultimate” feature set in order to enable ray-tracing and all that other jazz they added, and by chance this update included the support/coding to allow for Explicit Multi-GPU to work since it’s apart of the DX12 Ultimate feature set.

As in my opinion, if they had intentionally added it as a brand new feature, they probably would have at least mentioned it in the patch notes or along with the news about ray tracing and other updates to the graphics engine.

Hey man, I just want to say thank you for bringing this all to our attention. I really appreciate it.

With that said, you are the only person I’ve seen from anywhere who has actually claimed that this works. I certainly don’t mean any offense by that, but I think it’s obvious that “one person on the internet says that it works” isn’t good enough.

Bump ^^^^^^.

Doesn’t work for me at all. Tried with an GTX1080 and 980. Framerates are the same and only 1 card is utilise at all. Maybe could work with RTX and not Pascal ? A working video would be so useful.

Update: Only the RTX cards support Dx12 Ultimate apparently.

Has anyone else tested this yet since Shadowlands release? Now that it’s been a while.

I have been looking for some success for a GTX1070 and a RTX3080, however as best as I can tell I can’t even get wow to use the 1070 for Physx as it always sits at 0% usage no matter what is set up.

However I don’t seem to have found a switch to turn mgpu on…

24 June 2020

“With the release of today’s new [GeForce Game Ready driver], DirectX 12 Ultimate and its features are fully supported on GeForce RTX GPUs on Windows 10 operating systems using version 2004 or newer. Download and install this new driver, and click the “Drivers” tab.”

Seems GTX cards got screwed.

I have a unique chance to test this with 2 6900xt gpus, and it does not work for me either. I have a bunch of gpus laying around i could test with but they are all AMD and no Nvidia.

I wish there was a blue post on this topic, no matter how unpopular. I do wonder if there is a command line switch or something that could be used in the game to enable/force it.

1 Like