I understand that dwarfs are no popular because of the racials but I feel like blizzard can fix this with treasure hunting after you collect a unopened chest you get 1 hour that random mobs on your level can drop crafting mats or mini chest that can drop gear I feel like at level 60 treasure hunting would be very popular
and then every gold farmer becomes a dwarf that’d be pretty amazing actually
Thanks for echoing my good idea! keep this bumped, we need better dwarves!
It’s a great idea I am surprised that other people haven’t jumped on this bandwagon it feel like people would rather complain than come together and show support for updated racials that would help the class I would probably make a dwarf hunter if the treasure hunting racial like this there is really no reason to make a dwarf hunter over a human or night elf
Nah I don’t like this, just have so dwarves and get more loot from chests, or can find chests others cannot while the racials is active. It’s simple, beneficial, and doesn’t do something weird like "spawning’ your own chest, taking to fun out of hunting for treasure.
Honestly, someone told me they nerfed what chests give recently. Havent checked for myself but if thats true then the racial is even deader then before and they gotta just remove it and give dwarves another active that isn’t a fake passive.
I was going to roll Dwarf for my Warrior but after the changes NE seems more enticing, if they buffed Dwarf I’d for sure send it over NE
I don’t think this is any weirder than Tauren being able to herb I think this is a great chance to get people to treasure hunt mobs they can make the drop rate 0.5% chance or something
Firstly wasn’t your suggestion I was refering to. Spawning a chest is the opposite of hunting for treasure.
But I don’t like your much either. If chest are worthless it’s best to just get ride of the racial all together and start over with something better.
Here is my Suggestion.
Treasure Finder: Track nearby treasure chests. If you open a treasure chest, gain a 6 hour buff that does not clear on death called…
-Treasure Happy(Think of a better name) → Reduce all Nature/Fire/Frost Damage by 2%, Increase all Nature/Fire/Frost Damage you deal by 2%
I like this because it makes the RP ability have actual impact. And it will feel unique where dwarves want to treasure hunt every once in awhile. I think a 6 hour buff is generous and more than enough time for a raid setting. Maybe up it to 8 hours if you must.
The buff also seems in line with Dwarf earthen origins and syncs very well with Shaman(Which is now their keystone class).
You could just simply replace Mace spec with this buff as well if you don’t like the Treasure finder idea…
Earthen Origins: Reduce all Nature/Fire/Frost Damage by 2%, Increase all Nature/Fire/Frost Damage you deal by 2%
If not anything…
Forged in Fire(Or Iron forged?): Guns and Maces 1% Crit. it really should be a no brainer. That should definitely be in the game if not anything.
I don’t mind if they nerfed chest I wanted a buff to hunt treasure off of mob when I open a worthless chest
Which defeats the idea behind the racial. I don’t like this idea, dwarfs would be better served with a new racial if chests are in fact nerfed.
The idea behind the racial is to find treasure chest in the wild so what I imposed was we get a buff to find treasure off mobs after we open a chest this does not defeat the original purpose of the racial but add extra flavor to a class
The most correct way to buff the Find Treasure racial is to introduce significantly more treasure chests into the game that are out-of-the-way and really difficult to find without it.
IMO make find treasure a passive, remove the 5% bonus to beasts. Also add 2% runspeed indoors to it.
Then give dwarves an offensive active. I suggested one in another thread. don’t wanna write it all out here again.
I like this idea as well but it would be to easy for people to log and camp the chest I do like an idea of only chest dwarfs can find and open that have extra stuff but if we have the treasure buff it will give people an incentive to farm then go look for more chest then farm some more I could only dream of a chance I find a black skull flame shield with this buff while I was skinning mobs
Just scrap the whole chest nonsense and give dwarves something actually useful like they used to have.
Dwarf,
I feel like many of these comments are really missing the mark here. Dwarf racial is 50% or more below ANY other race when it comes to short term damage output. In a PVE argument not a big deal longer fights will some what even out the damage what ever. In PVP this race just became the under dog by a mile.
ORC, stun reduction, 10% increase melee AND spell damage, remove BANE and reduce spell damage taken, 1% to axes(mace cancle out)
TROLL, 10% haste, 10% faster HP regeneration, and continue 10% regeneration in combat, 5% to beasts(cancle out)
TAUREN, Warstomp stun, Movement speed(meh), 5% HP and 1% hit
Skyborne, be honest here pretty bad bonuses 1% haste is the only real ok buff here.
All of these races, but Skyborne, are Miles ahead of Dwarfs in PVP. This is mostly a post to paint a clear picture for blizzard why SHAMAN is almost a 70% lower representation on the alliance.
Secondly, how can you even begin to justify giving Undead paladins this go instead of Tauren, but then staying with Dwarf for our Shaman choices… give us a different option too, Night Elf alone would finally make us have some Shamans on the Alliance…look historically at the data. Space Goats had a higher shaman representation then Dwarf.
as is currently Alliance racial buffs far out weigh the horde in PVP and Dwarf is lacking so hard and the only option for shaman we will continue to have a trend of low player representation mean while you have ORC, TROLL, TAUREN, SKYBORNE as options for the Horde as well as now UNDEAD Paladin.
Please take a look at this… PVP is a much larger scene in the Classic community then Blizzard has historically given attention to. You cant say “We are putting the war, back in warcraft.” Just to then create extremely imbalanced racial choices that are quite Frankley causing a large portion of the Community to choose Race first then what class they want.
Hopefully a Dev will read this and give the Players a voice, Too many streamers are controlling the narrative of the game WE all play.
I think you have a good idea!
2% indoor passive + a offensive spell like:
WinterFury
+10% more dmg but in frost dmg for 8sec
This was a well thought out response
Im a fan of buffing dwarf racials and removing the cast time on warstomp.
That’s a lot more straightforward than my idea…but not too different in terms of power.
Precision Strikes (smithing/archaeology theme).
You get a 10 second buff with 3 charges to deal 5% extra damage on your next spell or ability hit and apply “Shatterpoint” for 15 seconds to the target.
“Shatterpoint” causes your own direct attacks against the target to deal 5% extra damage for the duration. (Can’t be applied more than once to the same target, but it can be applied to up to 3 different targets, but also perfectly good to use against one target).
2 minute cooldown.