Could they not explore a lockout system with the dungeons to fix the XP problem? Why not leave the XP at max and the create a lockout like they do for raids. Put it on a daily reset of some kind like 10 runs per day. Then this would solve the issue of them not wanting to have people sit in dungeons all day but also allow people who just want to run the dungeons to still feel the strong level increase from going in to do it?
Idk if im missing something as to why this would be a problem but I just havent seen anyone else talk about this possible solution yet. I for one love running dungeons and remember grinding deadmines as a rogue for full defias and all the good loot. Same for many of the other dungeons to the point I knew every single inch of those places. I also see the need to limit time spent to keep people questing and interacting in the world though. So I hope they find a good balance.
2 Likes
This is how HC dungeons work 1-59 and I think its a far better solution that this mess.
One and done is entirely unsolved with todays 20% adjustment. I don’t think another 20% would help either.
This is a bad solution for the problem of meta spam grind and boosting.
1x lockout per dungeon / per day is a far cleaner solution and no one has to get their panties in a knot about how other people are levelling.
Boosting dies. Spamming dungeons on repeat dies. Dungeon Andys are happy. Questers keep questing.
2 Likes
I dont even think it has to be as tight as 1 and done either. Like id still like to be able to grind a dungeon a few times to maybe try to get a blue I want or maybe you find a good group and wanna just grind a few runs for some quick XP.
Its crazy you mentioned that this is done in hardcore and its not been explored as an option for Forever. Maybe we can get enough people mentioning this and they could explore it.
Issue with capping it at 1 per day is there are a few quests in dungeons that require you to do 2 clears. In stockades for example getting all the red bandanas is almost impossible.
I’m fine with 2 clears of each dungeon per day.
1 Like
Yeah I def agree more than 1. I think somewhere between 5 and 10 is a good number.
Complete the quests. Grind for gear. Maybe try again tomorrow if you really really need something.
I think maybe it should even scale for the higher level dungeons because closer to 60 there are dungeons worth grinding for decent gear.
1 Like
Yeah that seems like a good compromise, there is a good chance you wont get the gear you want to drop in 1-2 runs. 5 clears of the dungeon per day is probably more than enough to help satisfy people.
1 Like
Maybe scale up to higher level dungeons to a higher amount or remove the cap after like level 55 or something.
1 Like
You’re expecting retail devs to use their brains, mission impossible
1 Like
I mean they are at least responding to some of the community feedback. The beta has been more productive than I have seen in long time as far as tuning etc. I have some hope.