Dungeon Tanking Per Level

I was wondering if anybody could give me a suggestion of what level I can tank each dungeon without screwing over the group.

Particularly

RFK
SM Graveyard
SM Library
SM Armory
SM Cathedral

Thank you,

DPS will Start AOE damage and you will run around rage starved until about lvl 50. But I would hit those around 30+ with a smart group.

1 Like

Try this out bud.

My suggestions are below, generally its not worth tanking a dungeon until you can pick up all the quests.

RFK - 27+
SM Graveyard 28-33 - particularly worth farming for rare spawns only.
SM Library 33
SM Armory 35
SM Cathedral 37

2 Likes

Personally, I’m willing to tank if I’m at least 2 levels below the last boss, so:

RFK - 31
Graveyard - 32
Library - 35
Armory - 38
Cathedral - 40

2 Likes

Both Gorwarths and Furuikos ranges are appropriate.

At the lower end (Gorwarths) you may need a group that’ll let you build aggro and is a little more careful with pulls, particularly in Arm/Cath. Alternately a high level group that’ll blow things up fine even if you don’t have threat works. There can be a lot of healing pressure if mobs run rampant and fights go on a long time due to Chaplain/Abbot heals.

At the upper end (Furuikos) it’s a good bit easier because your attacks are much less likely to miss/resist.

If you are comfortable tanking then tank any instance for which you are 3 - 4 levels beneath the last boss. You can tank a wider gap in levels but it’s very tedious unless your party is full of hunters.

If you are worried about the dungeon, then wait until you are two levels beneath the last boss. In either case, CC almost always makes the run safer, but if you are within two levels of the last boss you shouldn’t be taking too much damage on reasonable pulls.