Dungeon Finder: incomplete listing displayed

Level 20 protection paladin unable to queue for the final 5 dungeons in the Cataclysm listing (it is truncated after Zul Farrak, omitting both BRD instances, Stratholme - Service Entrance, LBRS, and Sunken Temple).

It may be relevant to note that this toon was originally a F2P account, converted to a 6 month subscription - yet with XP OFF… She is eligible to queue for these, so why aren’t they listed? When will this be fixed? – Thanks.

2 Likes

Note that this bug prevents even grouping with others who can queue for these dungeons. (We tried this, and discovered that these 5 dungeons appear “locked” to the other party.)

Let me know if more information is required to help debug, and please advise. Thanks.

These don’t open up until level 30 like the Cata questing zones. Up until then you can only queue for the vanilla portion of “Cata.” The party will be limited by the lowest level party member and queuing in Cata Chromie time will only be classic dungeons until everyone is 30-50.

Thanks for responding Marwenna, but that is incorrect.

I leveled another toon to 21st level, and doing so unlocked these 5 instances…

They’re all calibrated for levels 20~30. Level 20’s can zone into them - but cannot queue for them. (As Kira noted, below, UBRS was revamped with higher required level during WoD, but LBRS was not.)

It appears to be entirely a problem with the dungeon finder.

Still bugged, by the way. Is anyone at Blizzard monitoring this forum?

(edited: streamlined for clarity)

That’s because during wod UBRS was converted into a warlords level dungeon. I never did the old dungeon before this happened. But it no longer exists as a vanilla dungeon.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, I vaguely recall something about changes to UBRS in that timeframe.

My purpose right now is to get LBRS and the other four 20~30 dungeons noted above to be available to level 20’s as intended.

Viewing the dungeon journal on a 20 shows that LBRS drops loot that requires level 23 to equip. So it is not currently intended for level 20’s, even though perhaps they could walk in.

I think Legion is the only expansion where all normal dungeons are available from the start, ie from level 10.

Queuing and walking in are two different things now with Chromie time, and you only referred to queuing. You can only queue via Chromie time which has a separate level req than walking in. Also, forgot about the WOD change above as I’ve gone there for my garrison quests before so that makes sense.

Edit I’m trying to look at this on my phone and compare so they may be closer than I think, but either way the requirement to queue is not 20 for those Cataclysm dungeons.

You can submit a suggestion in game that you wish it would operate more like the above.

Interesting… That’s not particularly evident, or sensical imo, though I haven’t read the resources you linked yet, perhaps it’s called out clearly in those. The fact that the final 5 dungeons were truncated from the list does kind of indicate that they were clipped intentionally.

As for the existence of an item(s) that requires level 23 to equip, that doesn’t explain why level 21’s and 22’s can queue. I mean, that may well be the rationale, but it’s not all that sensical either. (Also, why isn’t that item scalable, like almost everything else?)

Playing alts has been a bit of an education on what is currently meant by level requirements. (I was going to cite one example of a vendor in Shattrath that sells cloaks that you could buy (to collect their appearances, presumably) but not equip despite meeting the level requirement stated right on the cloak. It appears that may’ve been fixed recently.)

Anyhow, thanks for the insights. I appreciate them.

1 Like

I’m glad to help! With Shadowlands there has been a lot to learn all over the game. I thought I only had to worry about so many systems in end-game haha :laughing: If you ever need to figure out when you’ll unlock a dungeon, those resources should tell you what levels you can walk-in and what level you can queue in Chromie time, so you can save them for later if you need! There have been some bugged tooltips on items since 9.0.5, so there could be some issues there, as well, but I’m not sure if it would apply here, or it’s just another anomaly that we will not understand lol. I am guessing the adventure guide loot table looks different depending on whether you are in Chromie time or not, but have not checked to verify how it compares.

1 Like