Dungeon Difficulty Changes S4

They didn’t fix the curve or balance it out. a Balance would be 4 8 12 where it climbs equally all the way up. The heroic difficulty now is fine but there is a bit jump between heroic and M0, which is a much bigger jump than an M0 to an M2. I think what is missing is a heroic+ that would be at the +5 level and could be a stepping stone for alot of people into the M0 “end game for those that don’t want a timer” for those that want that and would smooth out the difficulty increases.

1 Like

I feel like this should’ve been a new expansion thing instead of a new season thing.
Kinda dumb to go from M+23s to m0s giving the best gear.

1 Like

Do M0s give the best gear? They give the same gear that +9s gave last season.

Either not enough people are doing the soak, or you need to use bear form more.

Even so, I don’t think that would have helped. I dont think I was at full health either when it happened. But on Tyr week, if any of the trees were still up, it’s about 750k+ damage.

2 Tyr week turns 440k into 545k. A single missed tree turn it into 654k. 2 Trees = 763k

I have 785k health in bear form at full health (864k with Ursine Vigor). All of this assuming i’m at full health. I’m just simply undergeared is all it is.

1 Like

Well, the problem there is trees being up at all for that is a fail, assuming you’re talking 1st boss of AV.

Correct

As someone whos always been a more casual player and even just getting into 10+ keys was a challenge cause i just dont have the time to put into it like others. This new season came, i wasnt maxed out, and now heroics are too easy and mythics are too damn hard. Doesnt help that alot of the people group up with seem to be the same. The content we used to be able to do daily is now damn near impossible. Say what you want, i like a challenge but previously i felt like if i could get up to higher keys and difficulty i could, now it feels necessary.

2 Likes

i like the changes as a whole and was originally going to push but

got my ksm and feeling the need to take a break or retire coming on

i think they are generally beneficial to m+ in the long term but jarring applied to dungeons we have already done in an xpac with the old scaling for the 3 prior seasons. but hey, s4 is time to experiment

you’re well served using a defensive for every aoe once you’re at level 10+, even if all the trees are cleared
source: my 500 ilvl priest exploded because i thought i would be safe. i was not. cant remember if it was on 10 or 11

1 Like

This statement right here is what i’m talking about. Heroics are too easy, but the wait times for dps are long. And M0 and +2 is too hard. I’m all for anything after being difficult, but that specific gap is just too far. Especially when you walk in with a toon that was fresh at the end of last season. I went from 428 to now 483, no tier bonus, and a 0 is still such a struggle that the groups are falling apart.

For so long heroics have been irrelevant and they still are in difficulty. I don’t enjoy farming heroics. M+ is what I want to do, but the difficulty is so high right now.

2 Likes

Those people didn’t know how to play.

Considering that you can’t farm M0, yeah, you kind of are.

0s do not seem to be locked like past seasons. I could be wrong.

From everything I can gather M0 is still on a weekly lockout.

I thought in the past it would mark them in the journal if you are locked. I do not see that this time.

I have to agree with Maguthy. I don’t mind the changes in the difficulty, but at this point in time in the expansion, things should be fun… not necessarily easy, but fun. There is no fun in feeling like you have to start over with alts to gear them just to run a +2. There are other changes Blizzard made that is forcing people to do old stuff, like the siege, feast, and hunts, just to complete the weekly. You cannot gain reputation from the weekly anymore, which I find wrong. But that’s a different topic.

At this time in the expansion, people who are playing should be having fun. Laughing while leveling alts through content that they enjoy.

1 Like

“Mythic 0 is still on a weekly lockout under this model.”

1 Like

Ok yeah that is a thing still. It shows under your raid info what 0s you are locked to.

1 Like

I dont think its m0 levels its just m0 loot

The difficulty jump probably isn’t bad for people with last seasons 4 set and a hand full of bis gear. But when your on a fairly fresh toon that jump is massive.

1 Like