Dumb Geezer (Boomer) Question About My Rig

My ASUS says it’s “water-cooled”. I assume (yes, I know what “assume” means) that means that somewhere is a conduit that circulates water and keeps my rig from over-heating? If I am correct about that, where exactly is it, and what keeps it from evaporating, and if it does evape, do I put more in and where?

ETA: My rig’s specs (using Speccy)

Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
RAM
15.0GB
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. PRO B650-P WIFI (MS-7D78) (AM5)
Graphics
E321VL (1920x1080@60Hz)
4089MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 (Gigabyte) 42 °C
512MB ATI AMD Radeon Graphics (MSI)
SLI Disabled
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))
1862GB Western Digital WD Elements 2621 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) 36 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS SDRW-08V1M-U USB Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

So with that, I will wait for you kids to stop laughing and help me out with an answer. :blush::wink:

Ever not ask a question, because you fear the answer is so obvious it makes one appear dumber than one thought? That’s me right now. :roll_eyes::blush:

You cannot tell from any speces the computer can give you if it’s water cooled or not. You have to physically look at the CPU and GPU and see what kind of cooler is attached to it.

All-in-one (AIO) water coolers are common, it will have a small block with a pump that’s attached to the CPU, and tubes leading to a radiator elsewhere in the case. Water cooled GPU’s will have tubes going in and out of them.

It’s also possible to have the entire computer water cooled via a custom loop, in that case you’ll have tubes running everywhere, and a larger pump somewhere in the case.

Either way, regardless of what kind of water cooler you have, they are closed loop like the radiator in a car, and nothing ever leaves the system (well, barring leaks which shouldn’t happen).

1 Like

Thank you, Vralok for your answer and doing so in a way that didn’t make me feel like a complete Dunce. :grin::+1:

Do not use Speccy. Its out of date. Use HWInfo or CPU-Z or Sisoftware SANDRA instead.

You wouldn’t happen to have an AMD K19 would ya?

1 Like

Based on the board, and how many times it appears, I’d guess it’s some form of Ryzen 7600.

No, Hanfwerto, it’s an AMD K1 Nine :dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_uwahh_animated: :dracthyr_yay_animated: :dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like