Dumass' Future

This is a joke character in Hillsbrad meant to make fun of a certain type of new player. He’s a newly-raised Forsaken who lacks intelligence. I wonder if he should be brought back. We haven’t seen him since Hillsbrad, and he should have regained his intellectual capacity by now. His name is less fitting now.

Part of me thinks that he might be a little tasteless, but what does everyone else think?

4 Likes

I mean all of the NPCs from the “Welcome to the Machine” quest sequence were brilliant. Orkus Kingslayer’s arc through the zone from something of a joke to a genuine hero by the end was, in my opinion, some of the best quest writing in the game.

19 Likes

I didn’t even know about this character until I saw Crendor’s take on him. I expect he still exists in classic. I don’t have a problem with him but I’m not especially political.

He was added in Cata. He’s still in the game. He was never removed.

1 Like

I would love to find him and Bud hanging out.

Like, they both washed ashore and found each other or something. XD

6 Likes

I liked Budd. I am surprised Forum Trolls did not hop onto his last name as a sort of insincere faux argument about Blizzard’s standards. It seems like easy bait for trolling.

I was worried they might remove him, just out of caution.

1 Like

Unlike the others, Dumass didn’t accomplish anything or receive character development. That’s why this thread is only about him.

2 Likes

I liked him too. He was goofy and funny.

1 Like

Dumass is great tbh he fit perfectly with just being essentially a ‘noob’ stand in.

Yeah, he definitely describes how Blizzard and the community feel about new players.

He can be the new warchief

1 Like

Maybe you can be Warchief, once you’re finished necroing threads.

2 Likes

That quest was pretty cool.

I believe he DOES show up again later.
I don’t remember where. but I do know I have seen him semi-recently.
He is still the same ol’ Dumass.

Wait no I remember, I think. The new Lordaeron Questline!

subtle death threat