#DualSpec No not giving up

It 100% does contradict every poster that was arguing that dual spec will not be included because “it wasn’t in original tbc” or “blizz is committed to an authentic faithful recreation” or “no changes”.

If you used actual reasons to argue against dual spec like it will hurt meaningful spec choices then it doesn’t.

Check yourself newbie, you just entered this conversation in like, what, the last 2 weeks?

Redhead has been apart of this discussion for months, way long before you got involved, and his stance has been steel-enforced identical since then. Design direction and respecting design intention has literally always been his mantra from the very beginning.

More than I can say for you, you’re all over the damn place, you even tried to argue a page or two up that I’m “pro dual spec” because I’d be OK with spec profiles. The only one huffing anything is clearly you. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No, this goes very squarely on the pile of other changes they’ve already made that do not cross the line for us.

Dual spec remains solidly in the same position as it was before, and after this PvP change: not happening.

1 Like

I think there is some sort of mental block here. The reason for ‘meaningful spec choice’ is the gold sink to them, because according to them everything else can be solved by addons.

If you suggest that blizzard implements wotlk style dual spec with the continual gold cost, they agree that would be acceptable.

Then when you point out that they agreed to this, they say no that’s not a meaningful spec choice. They literally don’t understand what they just said or what it means.

Zipzo is pro player profile swapping, while maintaining a gold cost. That is literally the definition of WotLK dual spec, without free respecs (maintaining the gold cost).

She/he realizes that if she/he acquiesces to this, that he/she has no relevance to the conversation any longer, so he/she decides to pretend that he/she never said it, or agreed to it, even though I was very careful about specifying all aspects of what dual spec meant to him/her so I could break it down into its components and figure out what he/she agreed with and disagreed with.

I put no words in his/her mouth, I just took his/her opinions and laid them out into a functional solution. His/her denial afterwards and saying that I don’t understand is mind boggling. The continued reversal is astounding even though it couldn’t have been more clear what we were level-setting on from a compromise perspective.

In my opinion, that is vague and could easily be considered #nochanges or commitment to a faithful authentic recreation as the sole reason to keep dual spec out of tbc classic.

But I’ll be honest and admit that you and red have both previously made your positions about reducing the meaningfulness of spec choice as the primary reason for keeping dual spec out of the game while acknowledging the issues with pvp vs pve specs.

That’s literally not the definition of dual spec, it’s the definition of being OK with spec profiles so you don’t have to move your bars around when you swap specializations at the trainer like you would normally do, and if it were a thing, would likely be profiles you swap between at the trainer or something.

Dual spec implies access to two specs. I am not pro-that.

You are literally on the edge of insanity.

1 Like

Yes, but their definitions behind meaningfulness of spec choice are all gold related. When you solve for this problem by leaving the gold cost in, they still balk at what I guess we settle on as ‘player profile swapping’

What?!?

Several posters in this thread have literally stated their sole reason keeping dual spec out of tbc classic is #nochanges or “faithful authentic recreation”.

Blizz putting out a post saying they are committed to an authentic recreation but have heard the community and have decided to do several changes, contradicts that position.

I am not saying it contradicts you or red’s position but definitely corpseknife and several others.

Access to dual spec = player spec profiles, what did you think I meant?

This is why I asked you what all of the changes were that wotlk ‘dual spec’ brought into the game and asked for a list, so we could break down its component parts (which you refused to do)

Maybe we need to level set again on what the definitions are so we’re talking about the same thing.

Do you want to provide that list now, and we can assign each of them to a category of acceptable vs not? Last we discussed it, there were 2 items in the list

• Gold respec cost removed with 1000g investment
  • Player profile swapping between 2 specs

What else was there?

I use it as definitive evidence that dual spec goes directly against the design goal intentions of tbc.

It’s already without question that it would be an unauthebtic change.

We know of 4 major factors blizzard uses when considering a change.

Todays Community wants/needs
Authenticity
Design goal intentions of the origional game devs.
Does it fix an issue or exploit

Dual spec might pass being wanted by today’s community as a majority(though I don’t trust open sourced online polls that can be easily distorted, link provides evidence of this)

I would be far more willing to trust a blizzard poll that goes based on your account through random selection than any of the community polls.

Dual spec fails to pass authenticity.
Dual spec also fails to pass the design goal intentions.
It also doesn’t fix anything or prevent an exploit.

So of 4 of the known weighing factors it MIGHT pass 1. The other 3 it fails on. This means it’s VERY unlikely to be added.

Unless you have something dual spec fixes or can show how it prevents an exploit (and can prove blizzard sees it as an exploit)?

Yes you are, because you will welcome the feature in wrath. And you will use it. And you will understand that MeAnInGfUl ChOiCeS makes no sense at all.

Dual spec is one of the best additions to the game period. Please don’t mention retail because it’s not the same. Part of the comunity is asking for more freedom. People are using respec costs to play 2 specs all the time, why not simplify that?

It’s all the same, you say you’re against dual spec but you aren’t, you are just against good QoL changes because “it didn’t happen 13th january, it happened the 14th” and that is delusional.

Intolerable - I am not even sure why you and zipzo are arguing. Y’all are essentially on the same side of the fence here with you wanting to keep the 50 gold fee in.

Add ons literally do this spec swapping profile thing you are taking about already.

Corspseknife has definitely been a bit more no-changey than others, but he has still admitted that the changes that happened were acceptable enough to him to not bother him too much.

In any case, I would let him speak for himself.

Corpse seems to be a lot more focused on the reality of whether we actually get dual spec or not, rather than the speculation of if it is possible, and to that end, he has a point.

1 Like

Well no today’s community wants a good game, that is obviously highly subjective.

But in a simple poll of, do you want Dual spec in TBC Classic yes or no, I think dual spec would win by a large margin.

You and some others value it should be the way it was just because, but most people are happy with changes they consider to improve their gameplay. There’s a reason blizzard explicitly changed their #nochanges policy going into TBC Classic.

1 Like

Yeah I mean, it was a defining WOTLK feature, I will welcome it with open arms at that point.

It got removed two expansions later.

Because that is a meaningful cost that is meant to exist.

No it actually has nothing to do with time.

It has to do with the developers being explicitly against its addition for design reasons, which makes its addition, to me, reduce the authenticity of TBCC, of which we were marketed it would be.

Several of the other changes that have already been made wouldn’t pass these tests either but they’re in the game.

While I agree that it’s unlikely to be added, the reasoning doesn’t make sense to me.

Come on. We all know it wasn’t removed. It was expanded upon because many felt the dual spec wotlk system was still too restrictive.

1 Like

And the design of the game was different, led by different design teams.

I want the game to feel like it is in the spirit of the design time who made TBC, not the other expansions, and especially not the ones who made the more recent ones.

1 Like

No it wasn’t, it was just a major QoL feature that happened to be added in Wrath.

That would be like claiming being able to fly multiple flight paths without landing at each one was a defining feature of vanilla not just something that was really nice that happened to be added then.

1 Like

You are proving you are not against dual spec, you are just being annoying with people wanting more freedom to our toons like wrath did.

Meaningful cost? Are you serious? Make it more “meaningful” by charging it 1k gold and thats it?

I’m quite sure you’re very very aware that this is NOT an accurate version of OG TBC right?
If you are in that side of the road, I bet you DON’T follow BiS guides right? You DON’T read any boss guides right? You and your guild go all blind like back in the day right? You don’t use Questie right?

AuThEnTiCiTy but yet I can assume 100% you dont play like it.