#DualSpec No not giving up

Lets not forget when he left WoW to join LoL he told an interviewer he was happy to work on a game without worrying whether or not your grandma could play it.

So I guess a lot of dual spec folk are borderline geriatrics or something.

1 Like

A problem that doesn’t exist…hence GC’s words.

I queue for any bracket and queues are near instant. Same with BGs, which used to be an alliance benefit and now both factions have good queues.

What does this even mean? What’s your metric?

Nice, a completely baseless assumption you have absolutely no proof of, and if anything reality says the opposite, he even eventually LEFT Blizzard to dev for LoL…a PURELY pvp game.

After all this seemingly good faith argumentation, this is where you’re gonna hang your hat now?

Disappointing.

More that he was bitter about how badly he screwed up.

Arena participation is dooky.

1 Like

And as long as queues pop, this matters why?

Blizzard even specifically noted back in the day how whining about PvP participation was a red herring in the debate of dual spec.

I see no reason to believe it’s any different now.

1 Like

A problem that did exist in BC and Wrath but no longer exists in some later expansions.

A problem that no longer exists means that it did exist but something changed so that it no longer exists

1 Like

That comment is aimed at the future ramification of easy respeccing, in particular, and must be weighed against how he actually felt about how dual speccing impacts the game.

You see, in a way, TBCC is a future version of the game. It’s aiming for the same content but the players and along with a few changes have made it an evolution, in a way, to the point that, if you’re asking me, makes those words apply to current TBCC as well.

1 Like

That’s laughable. BC classic is a recreation of a game released Jan 16 2007. It’s not the future. Everything the devs said that you can twist into support for you position applies to Classic games. Everything the devs said that doesn’t must be spun to fit your narrative. CG is clearly saying, " dual spec solved a problem" that " no longer exists." In MoP I presume since that post was made during MoP.

This is interesting.

So when arguing for authenticity, you say that the game isn’t an authentic recreation anymore so dual spec is fine and everything is fine if players want it.

But when devs say things that apply to other versions of the game, it can’t be used as an argument point because TBCC is an authentic recreation and therefore unless it was TBC specifically, it doesn’t apply.

Not gonna lie, maybe you should pick some solid ground to stand on.

4 Likes

That’s a twisted strawman of your own making. You make the argument that BC is supposed to be an authentic recreation. In response we point out the many changes that make it less then authentic and post Dawson’s comments:

It was authentic, but it’s not what modern players want. The community today is so different from what the community was back in 2007 that it had us take a different philosophy with Burning Crusade, where we actually started to allow ourselves to make some changes that were in the best interests of the players that will continue to develop alongside the community.

Then you claim we’re saying dual spec is fine because of those other changes. No, dual spec and any other change succeeds or fails on it’s own merits. All we’re saying is your argument for authenticity is a false and failed argument in light of the changes made and the devs statements.

1 Like

And here’s the unfortunate reality for you: dual spec failed on its own merits.

Unless you’re trying to imply we don’t have dual spec because Blizzard has a weird grudge against the feature or something.

No it didn’t it was an extremely popular and widely used feature.

Coming from the guy who thinks hes right about dual specs because he once upon a time he guessed right about multiboxing. That is what youre saying fyi.

No I said that.

That is your opinion. You lost that argument too.

1 Like

It was removed 2 expansions later.

Hey, I too have totally subjective opinions about lots of things. The difference between you and me is I’m not so narcissistic as to baldly state those opinions as reality.

Dual specs not belonging in TBC is not a subjective opinion. Its a fact, a fact bolstered by the reality that TBC didnt have dual specs.

1 Like

It’s sad that so many people can’t read. It makes dialog impossible. I have never made any prediction about dual specs. One reason I don’t make any prediction about dual spec is because I made a prediction that multiboxing would never change and I was wrong. I’ve realized that after multiboxing changed, dungeon runs were limited to 30 a day, the chronoboon was added, arena start point was changed from 1500 to zero etc. all changes I predicted would never happen, that I don’t know the minds of the devs and don’t have any idea what they will do next. I’ve said this several times directly to you and you responded. But you were unable to understand the simple English I used. /shrug

The vanilla system of respeccing was removed 1 expansion later. And when dual spec was “removed” they expanded it to multispec. They didn’t return to the vanilla respec system

Then why are you preaching to add the washed up version that they got rid of.

When talent trees themselves were removed.

And if you’re arguing that talent trees are a failure that’s really not helping your point.