#DualSpec No not giving up

Hmm… almost like your idea of “authentic” is different than blizzard’s.

Must be hard to accept.

If Blizzard comes out and says dual spec still respects the design direction of TBC and therefore may exist…then that’s what I will go with.

Until then, they have refused to cancel out or contradict their prior statements on the subject.

I am quite confident that based on what I know about Blizzard and how they do things, dual spec will receive no such leniency that other changes they’ve made have. I pay attention. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean we’re all similarly clueless about what Blizzard is likely to do (not do).

1 Like

Okay so you are actually incapable of forming your own opinion on dual spec and will rely entirely on blizzard.

So no reason not to keep asking for dual spec, you’ll blindly accept whatever blizzard decides!!!

I’ve given you my opinion on dual spec seven ways from Sunday, very disingenuous comment.

Incorrect, it would just be a situation like same faction where I’d be against it but would be forced to accept it.

It is not necessary for me to worry about this circumstance occurring either way. The game is as I desire it to be today, and dual spec is nowhere in sight.

You lost.

1 Like

Due to the other issues that have lingered for months that were reported in PTR, I believe the wow tbc dev team is very small and has limited resources. And therefore I dont believe they have time to implement a dual spec system and they are just holding off until wotlk.

Yes, the months of dual spec forum complaints with NO RESPONSE from blizz also leads me to believe they aren’t even considering it. They communicated about same faction bg’s weeks before they were implemented but haven’t said a single word about dual spec.

Despite that, I still believe that adding dual spec would be good for the game. Pvp participation rates are awful and the respec fee is a barrier to entry that blizz acknowledged as an issue and addressed in wotlk.

1 Like

And now you have said that you only care about blizzard’s opinion.

No, I simply acknowledge that Blizzards opinion is the only one that matters.

2 Likes

Oh so what has been said all along, blizzard will make the final choice in what is ultimately a subjective opinion about dual spec.

This discussion has always mostly centered around it’s chances.

This is clear because of how important it seems to Ziryus to make it clear that dual spec “has a chance”.

We may disagree on why it’s chances are poor, or maybe even agree on some reasons and disagree on others, but at the end of the day, no matter what reasons, it’s either in the game or it isn’t.

I’m totally fine debating the merits of dual spec conceptually within a TBC environment, but the fact remains…it’s not happening either way, so at some level, the discussion of why is relatively arbitrary unless Blizzard gives us new insight, that’s assuming their position has even changed at all.

I get that it seems like Blizzard can just handwave whatever thing they want to stay within the authenticity line, and you find that inconsistent to hold to. I get it, but if you pay attention, Blizzard has demonstrated pretty clearly they’ve no interest in adding dual spec.

I’m simply arguing that the chances are not 50/50, dual spec is an example of a feature that has earned itself having poor chances, if any at all.

People like Ziryus hate this.

/shrug and what you hate is that dual spec does indeed have a chance.

Dual specs are 100% in…

…when WotLK classic drops.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like it…that’s the way it is. They handwaved same faction bg’s and paid character boosts into the game and said that they fall within the authenticity line.

Many would consider those changes farther from authentic than if they were to add dual spec.

Please do it then. I would love for one of the anti dual spec people to debate the MERITS of keeping it out of tbc classic. Not “well it wasn’t in original tbc” or “just wait for wotlk”.

Try to use actual examples of how adding dual spec would hurt the game. I have already clearly explained how I think it helps the game.

1 Like

It wasnt in original TBC.

Just wait for wotlk.

1 Like

I personally feel there is a good weight to the argument that keeping it out of TBCC is good marketing for WOTLK and TBCC-SOM, how do you feel about that argument?

1 Like

-Same faction bg’s
-paladin seals for opposing faction

• paid level 58 boost
  • arena system revamped

It’s like you guys are arguing that a classic car shouldn’t have AC added because it wasn’t introduced until the next years model. While at the same time that classic car has a modern engine, with modern rims and tires, and a new candy coat paint job.

Should all of that crap have been added to the classic car? No.

But now that it’s been added, is it that big of a deal if we throw AC in there now?

No changers were right. Change on thing and everyone feels entitled to their own favorite changes.

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s a great argument.

I am looking forward to having it in wotlk but I’m going to play wotlk for the raids and the content, not because they added dual spec. I was going to play even if they didn’t add it. But others might return to the game primarily for the addition.

I know several people in these forums will be quitting when it gets added because traveling to your faction city, paying 50gold, and resetting up action bars is where the real fun of tbc classic is at.

1 Like

Except that blizzard specifically said #nochanges doesn’t apply to TBC Classic.

And dual spec happens to be one of the more popular things people want.

In the end, with this perspective, both sides win…people who are looking forward to WOTLK will move to WOTLK and get their dual spec either way.

Those who remain in TBC because they like specifically TBC do not have to suffer the permanence of its addition long after all the people who wanted dual spec have already moved on anyway to their favorite expansion…

So keeping dual spec out of TBC benefits does benefit the no changers, it’s a reasonable compromise with those who want dual spec because they will be getting it either way when the time comes when they leave to play a different game.

1 Like

Yes because while Im fine with somechanges, you are allchanges. Allchanges is a bad precedent to set for a classic game. TBCC doesnt need extra convenience that waters down role specialization. There’s no actual good reason to go there.

Furthermore, they had real reasons to make the changes that you listed. They dont have any reason to add dual specs. Dual specs being “popular” is not a viable reason to add them.

2 Likes