Dual Wield

Why is it fury warrior, and DK can both use their DW but hunter the class who has lore characters DW axes cannot? It is so frustrating survival is the only melee who can dual wield but cant use it unlike every other melee. Its such an arbitrary restriction for zero reason.

5 Likes

Hunters have always been able to dual wield.

For some reason when they decided to make a melee hunter spec in Legion they made it a two handed only spec with the spear as its weapon but even after that they kept it a two hand only spec.

At this point I really just want dual wield to be transmoggable. They have the animations and the tech to make this happen.

Trying to balance dual wield vs two hand isn’t worth the effort when you could just allow transmogs. As long as talents benefit from auto attack procs it’s going to cause balance issues even if the difference would be minor it’s just not worth the hassle.

1 Like

I also dont get why its hard to balance. WHy arent 1hands simply half the dmg of 2hands then just make it strike with both hands. IE if 2hand has 200 agi 1hands have 100agi and if 2hand is 100-200dmg 1 hand is 50-100 x 2

1 Like

I don’t have an answer for that.

At one point they normalized daggers to 1.8 speed, one handers to 2.6 speed, and two hand to 3.8.

You also have to consider enchants, and dual wield offhand damage has always had lesser damage than main hand plus hit chance.

You make a good point though. They really could modernize the entire dual wield system.

Because it can’t render any advantage without creating new playstyles to balance against each other?

Short of that, allowing us to actually equip one-handed agility weapons just leads to further, if modest, loot table issues wherever personal loot isn’t the sole option (and would double the number of drops SV Hunters would need if DW had any edge, such as from just being able to take on a second enchant).

Better to actually do something with real with it or make it solely a transmog option.

On a separate note, so long as we could still transmog each hand separately… I would not mind if we started one-handed weapons/shields/off-hands… in pairs.

This has been covered, beyond raid drops, it’s an entirely moot point. And given the plethora of alternative weapon drop options beyond raiding, and this old argument is exactly that.

In short, because sword-and-board specs would then be made far less dependent on weapon damage after being aura-buffed in compensation for your neutering their damage from weapons.

That said, the current 67% + half that (33%) for offhand already accomplishes the same damage and stats… just with far, far more procs and twice the enchant value now that we no longer have 2h-only enchants (nor do we allow 2H weapons to be double-enchanted).

All but the procs difference and enchants is already solved. That said, they too are an easy fix. If, say, we had a proc with a fixed 10% chance times weapon swing interval (3.8 = 38% chance) per hand (3.8s 2H = 76% chance per hit), DW and 2H would have identical proc rates. If 2H weapons could each have two enchants, DW and 2H would each have identical enchant value. They’d differ solely in aesthetic.

That said, should they? Or would we rather have one with bigger hits and another with more procs?

I wish it was tmog’able, there are so many nice 1H models in the game that are only used by like 3 specs at most.

and Rexar, thats all there is to say on this matter

IDK why transmog doesn’t just let all theese classes choose what they want for transmog.
2 handers to dual wield and vice versa, daggers to swords- etc?

Nobody notices auto attack animations anyway

1 Like

They have monks 2h vs DW balanced.

I assume some of it is they don’t want Survival Hunter muscling in on Frost DK, Fury Warrior and Outlaw Rogue’s action.

Now me personally, I’d kind of like to see Survival Hunter basically get turned into Fellowship of the Ring Aragorn. We can use a bow/gun and our basic hunter abilities - like why is arcane shot still taking up space on a melee class? - but assuming a target closes to glorious melee we can effortlessly swap to a sword or axe and start carving them like cakes.

1 Like

Many of us have been saying for years that this is the answer. Have they ever addressed this suggestion, or do they conveniently not see it?

People talk about creating issues with the loot table since it is another class/spec that can loot 1handed weapons; however. hunters do actually use their weapons, contrary to WW Monk.