Dual Spec Should Only Be Useable

In towns.

yeah you heard it right… the fuss was about going back and respecing etc…

Dual Spec should not be used outside of major cities.

37 Likes

I heard it right, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a troll… since that would entirely defeat the purpose of Dual Spec in SoD.

6 Likes

goal post shifting :expressionless: everyone said the point was not to have to pay gold every time you respec.

9 Likes

Man what is with this community.

How does someone else having dual spec affect your gaming experience?

18 Likes

I’m not a big fan of dual spec being added to Classic, and don’t feel that it really fits, but it’s a seasonal version, so guess we’ll see how it goes.

On the bright side, we can expect any mage that joins the part to have a healing spec, and any tank to have a dps spec, etc. We won’t have to use Classic style multi-purpose specs at all, but will be able to have specs catered to specific encounters, and swap them out accordingly.

Runes already facilitate this to an extent, so why not?

:woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

No, that was resolved with respec costs being capped at 1g.

People wanted it so they could have flexibility in raid or PvP.
(I.E. I too often have to play Elemental as an enhance for electrocutioner in my casual raiding guild because we are melee heavy. Hardcasting 3 second lightning bolts is not fun.)

Being able to shift to Resto at the beginning of a BG because Blizzard decided that Healers don’t exist in Horde BGs is also a good case for it.

5 Likes

You know how when Shadow Priests became very strong in P2 and suddenly healers didn’t exist in P2 PvP servers because Healing specs are just victims in the open world PvP?

Now they can be Shadow on the way to raid, and a Healer when they get in it.

5 Likes

you’d be surprised at the amount of people who said that was too high a burden :expressionless:

2 Likes

simple… speed runs. Its going to be absolutely annoying

5 Likes

wow so you could say their power level has gone up a lot :expressionless: it’s almost as if dual spec really changes the game play massively, and it’s hardly just a “QoL feature”.

4 Likes

It effects it by people playing non meta specs, being told they need to have a meta spec to switch too. I play one of the weakest specs in the game, and the last thing I want is for people to tell me I need to switch specs half way through a raid.

6 Likes

Are we getting dual spec in phase three?

1 Like

Why do you even care where people decide to switch their spec?

People who don’t support dual spec are so weird lol.

2 Likes

If people cared this much, they wouldn’t invite your spec from the start.

Plus, all you gotta say is “I don’t have dual spec”

Speed runs? That’s why we shouldn’t have dual spec? Because .05% of the population care about speed running?

2 Likes

It’s not even about the price. A lot of those who’ll buy dualspec won’t even use it 50 times I bet.
It’s about psychology. “Do I want to do some bgs after raid? I’d have to respec again… And then back… Eeeh, don’t want to bother”

4 Likes

No, bad faith takes really don’t surprise me on the forums.

No, Dual spec doesn’t make their damage or heals hit for more.
It just gives them the flexibility to perform in all aspects of the game.

I think you’re just being salty to be salty because this is also a buff to warriors who can now have a PvE spec and a PvP spec- it’s just not as profound as it is for hybrids.

You’re being a crab in a bucket, don’t be a crab in a bucket.

3 Likes

Yes, it was in their announcement video.

1 Like

dual spec is most warranted in vanilla more than any version of the classic trilogy, you are constantly going up and down tanks and healers in every 40 man to match the requirements of each boss fight. Just look at patchwerk, and that’s just the most obvious example.

2 Likes

Dang, I completely missed that bit.

Thanks!

1 Like

You should watch it again, it was kind of a funny announcement they did.

Paraphrased: “nothin big… probably not even worth mentioning in this presentation…but…”

(At about 15:08 of the 25 minute video)

2 Likes