Dual spec please

Some might argue that doing this hasn’t even helped in retail, where…that’s exactly how it is today.

1 Like

No, I think he is saying the blues back then lied. They don’t agree with him so clearly they lied.

1 Like

Filthy liars!!

I always include evidence to back up my claims. Did you not claim you could do 2-3 dailies in and average of about 10 minutes? Did you not drop that claim withing hours when several people said they did not believe you? Are you not now claiming you can do 2 in about 10 minutes? Why have you dropped the claim you can do 2-3 dailies in an average of about 10 minutes?

You’re the only one I’ve seen posting here that claimed the original devs lied. Did you claim that the original devs would have banned multiboxing but didn’t only because the technology wasn’t available? Why have you stopped making that claim? Do you still believe the original devs wanted to ban multiboxing but didn’t only because the technology was available? How do you explain the numerous blue posts from 15 years ago defending the use of multiboxing and input broadcasting software? If the devs wanted to ban multiboxing all those posts by the devs defending it are lies. Are you lying or were the original devs lying? It’s either you or them.

Please explain how the change from 1500 starting points to zero starting points in arena meets that aim? Could it be that your interpretation of that aim is different from blizzard’s interpretation?

And I’ve already outlined that from my own experience in Wrath that it did help. You can’t possible have had experience of every server in wrath and neither can I. But it helped on the servers I played on. It didn’t make much difference for my holy priest but for my dps alts it was an improvement

As I said in my post

That means there are other ways not immediately mentioned in the post. People adding a pvp spec is another way dual spec improves the game. Especially in Classic BC with the low numbers of people playing arena.

Thus why I changed my view about 3 months ago and support an arena spec that toggles active when you enter arena (a Loadout).

I think arena is a valid use-case (stated many times before as you know).

The thing is, I don’t think dual spec is an effective solution to the problems you outline but I support efforts to suggest solutions that would be effective.

In fact if the discussion focussed more on presenting problems and proposing solutions it would be a whole lot less toxic.

I never dropped the claim, you have refused to even accept any evidence I brought up.

I don’t need to do the orgrala quests or skygaurd any more and I’m not hurting for gold so I stopped doing them. The fishing daily and cooking daily get me raid food while I do them so there’s no reason to not do them as I would be farming what they provide anyway.

Also you seem to think “about 10 minutes” means exactly 10 minute average.

I do my dailies when there is little to no competition so even when doing the bomb dailies they would only take a few minutes at most

I have it min maxed for doing the dailies quickly, from engineer teleporter, fast flying, riding crop, precooked food, exc.

But no, clearly I am a liar right?

Wwwwwoooooossssshhhhh

I said it was a possibility, not an absolute, and it was based on my opinion.

Blizzard themselves have said that technology constraints were part of the reason some things were the way they were back then

So in your opinion it’s possible the original devs lied when they defended multiboxing and input broadcasting software and hardware often and in a clear and detailed way. Do you think it’s possible they told more lies on other subjects? You’re the only one here that I’ve seen who claimed the original devs might be lying.

They didn’t lie about them viewing it as acceptable, when you make rules, one of the considerations behind those rules is how it will be enforced.

If a rule is deemed to expensive and time consuming to be enforced it may be deemed easier to just not make something against the rules and is thus an acceptable action.

I’m not saying they lied in their posts, that is words you are trying to force on me. I’m saying part of the reason they made their decision to allow it, was likely that they did not see it as an option to stop it at the time due to technology constraints, cost vs reward, exc. They didn’t have a good way of detecting the 3rd party software back then, which means it would have likely to have been done by a person(s) instead of an automated system, which isn’t cost effective.

They didn’t lie, because I’m not saying their conclusion on multiboxing was them lieing, I’m saying they may have reach a different conclusion if they had today’s technology back then, specifically the ability to detect and identity who is using specific third party software.

I’ll answer this because it’s simple.

They looked at how it worked in tbc, and what the design intentions of the arena system was in tbc, and deemed that starting at 0 instead of 1500 better met tbc design intentions that blizzard of today interpreted the design intentions of tbc devs to be.

This is of course an educated guess based on how they handled drums and trying to follow the design intentions behind drums instead of the exact design it had.

And I don’t agree that it was a good change to have arena rating start at 0.

But the same devs that made that change to arena rating are the ones you are hoping will make the change to add dual spec because you don’t like what the origional devs did.

I trust the judgment of the origional devs more than I do today’s devs. The arena rating change is one of many examples of why.

</sarcasm
You’re wrong.

What they did was scour the forum for feature requests that were being spammed and when they saw thousands of posts and tens of new threads with the same title posted by the same people over a six month period begging for arena points to start at zero and trashing everyone that disagreed they relented …

Oh wait.

/sarcasm>.

People honestly think the Devs get pressured into this stuff. Half the changes are things noone even asked for, such as the arena points change. You’ve got just as much chance of the devs raising respec costs to “make choice more meaningful” as you do of them giving you dual spec.

Discussion is great and all but return on investment for full scale forum demanded feature addition campaigns is not high. These types of campaigns barely ever work.

I have my preference for an arena spec toggle but I don’t have the illusion that I’ll ever see that implemented. It’s “a cool idea” and that’s about it.

1 Like

Ah, Feywaif continues to be a jerk while trying to claim the moral high ground while not even having the presence of mind to realize they’re being a jerk.

Hypocrites… hypocrites never change.

Ah yes, daily reminder of the continuing life failure of all the dual spec beggars that you’re not getting your dual spec in TBC.

Honestly, I don’t think it does and this change was wildly unpopular among the target audience (arena players).

I don’t see how bringing up one bad change justifies another bad change.

2 Likes

They literally have to do that work (which I doubt is much) anyway for wrath so…

Given wrath is most likely less than a year away, that work’s probably already been done.

Right…so just wait until WOTLK…

1 Like

Heh, knew you were gonna say that

And they don’t have to do it for the beginning of wrath either - depends if they stick to timeline.

If I were to put a wager on it, I’d bet they’ll bring it forward and release dual spec as a WoTLK taster in the prepatch. Would make good marketing sense. They won’t stick to the original release patches.

2 Likes