Dual spec please

Holiday season is over. I’m back to playing 20+ hours a week.

But feel free to keep distorting information to fit your agenda.

Also I have been leveling a paladin, so I would see benefit from dual spec, doesn’t mean it belongs in tbcc though because I would also see the downsides.

Oh so you were in fact lying about your play style and we just can’t trust anything you say.

I was asked about my play time DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON (look at the dates of when the conversation took place). I gave my play time for that time. And I was still making enough gold to respec twice a week for pvp and raids with about 10 hours of active play a week.

I did not lie, you just refuse to accept the context of what you are claiming is a lie to meet your agenda.

So you intentionally misrepresented your regular play style and only corrected it when you got called out on it, and even then tried to explain how you weren’t actually including your total play time, sounds almost like a lie…

And since we know we can’t trust you anyways based on that, I’ll just go with your first representation.

No, you are the one intentionally misrepresenting it by taking it out of context.

I was asked about my playtime and gave an answer of my “current” active play time when I was asked about it.

Tell me, what was the date I gave that answer?

In December. During the holiday season.

Again, you are trying to take things out of context to meet your agenda.

And I don’t consider being afk while I craft 200+ items playing the game. Because you know. I’m afk…

Game was designed for horde to fight alliance in bg’s. Horde had 45+ min queues at the start of tbcc.

The people that didn’t like it either quit or complained on the forums. Blizz caved and introduced same faction bg’s after several months of players leaving the game and complaining.

It seems like you support the same faction bg’s but you should have quit the game if you took your own advice.

An hour+ wait in line during which you can still farm gold, grind rep, play the ah, among several other things. It really isn’t that much different.

Supporting same faction bg’s but saying dual spec shouldn’t be added because it goes against an authentic recreation of tbc is hypocritical.

3 Likes

So let’s aim for some middle ground here again like I had suggested previously.

Implement talent/actionbar/gearset profiles and dual spec. Do not remove the cost.

Do you see people respeccing as often, or more? Yes? OK let’s move onto the discussion about cost. No? Leave it as is. Nobody is harmed in any way whatsoever, or has their gameplay fun reduced by harming the economy by flooding it with free respec gold.

If people use the system, it’s proof people wanted the change. If they choose not to then it’s proven they don’t. The true numbers will come from classes that have multiple roles, those without multiple roles by their nature have less of a reason to care about dual spec unless they are PVPers.

I personally think if dual spec were to be free (which I don’t think is necessary) that it be on a long cooldown - 2-4 hours or so to prevent abuse. If you wanted to respec before that period you could pay the trainer to respec (let’s say you made an error choosing a talent).

I’m still looking for some reasons why dual spec (talent/gear/actionbar profiles) is a problem without including feelings about authenticity or #nochanges.

1 Like

A one time fee and adding a reasonable cool down with a requirement of being in a rested area would negate any of the actual in game impact that people have raised(IE flipping specs every pull in raids however unrealistic that is) and would be okay with most of the people who want dual spec.

2 Likes

Or just have a cooldown, paying for the respec in a specific area means you have to return to a major city anyway. I have no issue with being able to swap specs in the wild with a CD, if you fly somewhere and you forgot to swap or you get summoned somewhere and forget to swap, why should you have to return to swap specs? You fly to a dungeon and are waiting for 2 hours to get someone in LFG, so you swap specs right there at the dungeon entrance, can’t swap back for 2-4 hours unless you go back to a major town and pay etc. I think that prevents most of the abuse of mechanics problem.

Again, the core issue as I see it is the profile swap and not the cost, because I don’t care about the gold at all but I do care about it taking 10 minutes to swap my stuff, and having to go to org and use up my hearth, make sure all my macros are correct and my bars are in the right places, you name it.

Netherwing dailies are now on the map to be in very soon, that’s going to bring the daily income of essentially free gold to something like 100-150g.

There’s literally no reason to whine about the gold needed for respecs.

You’re just ridiculously lazy. Like it can’t be stressed enough.

If anything, the cost of consuming appropriately every raid is several times the obstacle that respeccing is. Why aren’t people complaining for a consume vendor or something that you get access to for paying a one-time fee?

2 Likes

It was also the opinion of the people who made this expansion.

3 Likes

I just spent 1k gold on mats last week for raid consumes. I’m hoping it gets me through T6 (I think 625 mana injectors will be enough lol)

But I can afford them because I do a few dailies every day.

It’s free gold with little effort involved.

If the respecing cost is that trivial then dual spec is equally trivial. It’s just a minor qol change.

1 Like

Fair. Not intentionally. My criticism was in how the argument using HvH pertains to this topic and the fact that there are grey areas in the comparison. Not meant to imply that he supported or advocated for that change - which he didn’t.

I’m fine with that.

Basically have loadouts that you pay 50g a pop for. No problem. More convenient but maintains the essential constraint.

Yeah, this is the thing, respeccing is basically just another raid or pvp consumable. A cheap one at that. Pay way more for stacks of haste pots.

I’m actually surprised raid attunements doesn’t get more comment than Dual spec. Raid attunement literally forces people to do stuff they may not like doing in order to access raids. “Locks them out” of content. If your big beef was getting more people involved in raids wouldn’t dropping attunements be the thing to shoot for?

I don’t advocate that btw. The whole game is designed around measures that force you into doing bits of content you may not otherwise do. But for those making the argument that they shouldn’t have to do things they don’t like doing in order to do things they do like doing - attunements seem a prime target.

2 Likes

Not really, raid mats A) a very fixed weekly cost B) an enhancement to do the content, not a way to access something completely different which is typically what dual spec is used for.

Now sure for some people like red who just raid log I’m sure it would seem like just another raid cost.

1 Like

You don’t see the irony in criticizing him for being a raid logger despite the fact he still makes the money to not think respeccing is a big deal?

No?

Nah you probably don’t lol.

2 Likes

I’m not a raid logger, but I was still turning profit with about 10 hours of playing a week during the holiday season lol.

And if 10 hours is his definition of raid logger, well that’s on him.

Well he sure speaks for me in this case.

Your guys’ arguing tactic is so obvious and childish here. I literally have a list of changes (both current and potential) to the game with a tick and a cross next to them, because I (like any other rational human being) consider each individual change on its merits.

You guys (corpseknife and zipzo in particular) keep asserting “NAH NAH NAH you guys are #allchanges because I say you have to be!” so you can turn around and say “LOOK these guys support per battles and LFR and other dumb stuff!” As Fey said, it’s an embarassingly obvious attempt to paint us all as extreme. Not that I think anyone is fooled, but it is cringe.