Dual-Spec does not ruin anything

They have dual spec in retail yet players still complain they are locked into one spec. Dual spec was always a dumb idea and should never come back to classic even when Wrath comes out.

2 Likes

More money means more devaluation of the currency. It’s obviously not going to remove the point of $50 but it is going to devalue it.

I mean I don’t even know why you’re trying to argue this when we can see what has happened to retail over the years and what had happened in classic given players being better and knowing how to farm.

Honestly probably the worst analogy you could have tried to come up with.

#1 reason not to have dual spec is because people will change spec depending on the boss/pack fight and that will break the spirit of cTBC

Reduce the cost/remove the cost of respecting and add a timer that once you enter a dungeon / raid you are locked into that spec for a day

1 Like

It does.

It does.

Actually its a distrust of Blizzard.

Saving me money, LOL why would I even worry about this?

It never did, it was always a myth. Meg servers, Layering, Patch 1.12 nerfed version world, dungeons and raids, 1.12 armor and stats, 1.12 classes…

So then get use to spending gold on a talent change.

hmm. i guess double negatives are too advanced for me.

1 Like

Well, no changes existed until 1.12 was announced. :smiley:

1 Like

Imagine believing in #Nochanges unironically but you’re still paying the sub.

Haha! It did according to the Blizzard but that sure didn’t last long

where have you been since classic launch lmao

The only people dumb enough to not want dual spec are people who don’t do both pvp and pve or gold buyers.

But muh gold sink…

No, it seems to mostly be people who have this vision of the original TBC meta like it’s sacred and should never change. As if the meta being exactly the same will somehow preserve their nostalgic experiences of the game. Guess what, the meta will change, with or without modifications to the game, because the player base has changed.

They also think saying dual spec “devalues” something is a stand alone argument. Something else being devalued isn’t inherently bad. The Seal of Blood change “devalues” Horde Paladins. That’s not bad.

No, it devalues hybrid specs. Which is a good thing. Hybrid specs are only a thing due to lack of dual spec. Which feels better, to half spec into two different trees and be able to somewhat to two roles? Or be able to fully spec, with abilities deep down the tree, into the role you’re doing at the time?

My Paladin was a strange tri-spec in Vanilla. I liked being able to walk into a group and help out in a wide variety of ways. But that meant I was only so-so at all of it.

Bring in dual spec so I don’t have to quest as Prot all xpac.

In TBC with Vanilla reset fees the only thing respec’ing really costs is time.

It’s so ridiculous the speculation about the massive impact it would bring to the game.

It would save people time. That’s it. It wouldn’t break anything, it wouldn’t change the uniqueness of your class, it certainly wouldn’t change the “meta” (like you have any clue what a ‘meta’ is and aren’t just parroting bs).

It would have the same impact as when it was introduced. None.

1 Like

I don’t actually agree with this.

I certainly like that in retail I can swap specs and I feel like it became a necessary part of the game as they drastically changed how the game works, but vanilla and TBC is not designed the same way.

You can take a fury warrior into a raid and be like hey tank for us for this fight and he can do that or hey ele shaman heal this dungeon for us. You can’t do that in retail. I don’t even ask players what their spec is or what their gear is when I do dungeons. Are the appropriate level and said they’d do the role I was looking for? Invite. If you’re not doing BWL or higher it’s not important.

You allow dual spec into old wow where the game allows you to fill roles you’re not entirely equipped to do and you kill off a large part of spec uniqueness which is kind of important in the old days when talents were more pvp or pve centric and a fight against two people could be very different even if they were the same spec, but chose different talents.

Some people would (and do) respec from their raid or PvP spex to farm and it’s bad for PvP so when they get jumped they’re kind of screwed. Allowing them to run off, respec, and have all the good PvP talents they need will be damaging to the game.

Nothing like you describe was how it played out in WotLK.

No, it saves you the time from someone having to hearth, respec then get resummoned back to the instance. that’s how it works right now.

You’re just saving the time it takes to go and respec, that’s it.

The gold is negligible in TBC.

At a certain point in the game, and I’m not really exactly sure when, the game moved away from the idea that a fury warrior could tank or an ele shaman could heal as backup. I am assuming it was Cata that it went into full swing. I definitely remember respeccing resto for the Morchok for heroic. I was always healing in WoTLK so I wasn’t regularly swapping around a lot.

This has nothing to do with the point I was making in that quote.

Yup. Absolutely. If you put in a time and convenience barrier it means a portion of people won’t be bothered to do it. If you give them the ability to have a frost farm/raid spec and a frost pvp spec they will have both and then when they are jumped they will swap.

Ultimately my point is that dual spec was introduced into Retail more or less when the game changed and it was introduced to meet that change. The game hasn’t changed by TBC so there’s no reason to bring it earlier into the game than it was brought into. There’s plenty of good QoL changes retail made, but it was made as the game evolved. Bringing them in early doesn’t do the game any good.

I’m kinda with the no changers on this one.

It’d be convenient, yes. But the itemization and encounters were all designed around the premise of people using static specs.

My only suggestion would be to hide people’s spec on the inspection interface window – because I think TBC is when that started being information that other players could inspect.

It isn’t really anyone else’s business how I’ve specced my character, and having that information readily available for anyone who inspects my character feels bad.

Like if I’ve formulated a unique and different way to spec my character, I don’t want other people to be able to copy it without looking into the trees as deeply as I have.

Then there’s all this social pressure too. Your raid leader inspects you and goes “your build is sub-optimal for raiding, go respec;” and you’re like, dude it isn’t really anyone’s business how I spec or play my own character.

Like what are you supposed to say, “sorry dude I PvP sometimes.” lol

#Nochanges, Get rid of the boosts as well.

1 Like

I would be open to implementing the modern “teamless” arena rating/mmr structure. :slight_smile:

I think that’d produce nothing but wholesale benefit.

No one is going to copy your spec.