Drust Mask of Dominance?

This item is driving me crazy. Supposedly a very common drop but me and many other people can’t get it to drop after dozens, if not hundreds of kills. Has anyone ever figured out if there is a quest state or trigger or something to get the rare to drop the item? Wowhead has it listed at roughly 86% drop rate. I take it with a grain of salt because it doesn’t account for everything, but still. I feel like I’m missing something, and all the other people I’ve found making similar posts and topics can’t get it to drop either.

Someone in wowhead comments mentions having to choose a covenant before it will drop (any covenant). He got it the next day after going venthyr. If you haven’t chosen one, give that a try for a day or two.

In addition, you may want to try on a non-dracthyr. When dracthyr first came out, they had some loot weirdness on Sha of Anger where they were basically guaranteed to get the incredibly rare mount. Perhaps the dracthyr loot weirdness is working in the opposite way on ardenweald rares.

If you’ve tried those two already, sorry! I don’t know what’s going on.

I appreciate the info but I’m sad to say I’ve tried a lot of things. I have been farming it on multiple characters daily for weeks now. One is venthyr, one is night fae, one is Mald. My dracthyr has no covenant. I’ve tried pushing through the night fae story to unlock the anima conductor, tried fresh characters, old characters. Nothing seems to work.

I’m just wondering if the drop rate was changed at this point. I don’t know. :frowning:

1 Like

I figured it out. I also spent weeks farming for it. I had 7 toons all camped out there and i would log between them and probably had 50+ kills. You have to have a level 60 toon who has shadowlands available activate their anima conductor and then go kill her. I’ve heard things about having to complete a covenant campaign but I didn’t have to. Dropped for me first try. Also from checking other sources it is true.