Druids got all sorts of new updates for their forms

And Shamans are STILL stuck with the same ghost wolf and ascendence form they’ve had for maaaany years.

Why can’t Shaman get any of the plethora of cool models or effects added this expansion?

5 Likes

Because the devs play Druids and not Shamans?

5 Likes

Because, for Shamans, it is just one spell.

Whereas, for Druids, it’s a way of life.

I am not saying Shamans shouldn’t have a couple of more options, I am saying there is no comparison.

And Shaman’s have totems as well.

And, on that note, I have better idea. How about we let Blizzard work on the totems for whole all races/all classes thing first and then worry about extra forms for their single spell.

5 Likes

I would bet it’s probly cause the idea behind druid is a lot easier. The shaman class has really nothing at all to do with spirits outside of elements. It’s just flavor from orcs that was kept. They probly dont care to expand on the idea.

That’s not true.
Shaman have had other ascendance forms and lost them over time, instead of gaining more
lmao

4 Likes

That’s not quite true.

Shamans were closely linked to spirits / ancestors / etc throughout WoW. In Wrath, there was an entire questline where you went spirit walking with the assistance of a Draenei Shaman.

Elemental spirits alone are not the only aspect of shamans in warcraft lore. Besides spirit walking, there were also the quests where you went on “spirit journeys” in vanilla to get your ghost wolf form. There was plenty of quest text throughout WoW about ancestor spirits in relation to shamans as well.

2 Likes

I’m happy with the glyph that lets me be a vulpine. I just wish they fully animated it. It doesn’t have an animation for sitting and eating/drinking.

I do agree that druids seem to be a Preferred Class. Lots of new forms and skins, frequent reworks, general perception of priority treatment (I think we had seen all Druid hero talents by the time the first and so far only hero tree for Shamans was shown).

It’s like Kittridge said, it probably depends on what the devs play and how passionate the class designers feel.

2 Likes

Ghost wolf and ascendence are models shaman players have to look at daily. It’s not “Just a couple spells” and no, that isn’t a better idea.

It’s silly to say adding something new should supersede replacing a placeholder model we’ve been requesting be updated for over a decade.

Can you name anything recent?

at least a glyph or two would be cool.

Shaman and Monk mains are keenly aware…

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it.

Shamans originally got “ghost wolf” because of orcs. Everyone knows it.

Blizzard is just being lazy not giving each race an animal that represents their heritage better. This is what I’ve suggested for years:

Orcs and Mag’har Orcs - let them keep their wolves but maybe let them each use a different model for race identity?
Tauren - kodo
HMT - moose
Troll - raptor (remove the glyph)
Zandalari - direhorn
Goblin - hyena
Vulpera - vulpin
Dwarf - ram
DID - dark hound
Draenei - talbuk
Kul Tiran - crab
Panda - crane

7 Likes

Why does it need to be recent? There was over a decade of lore tying shamans to spirits and ancestors.

Just because the writers dumb down recent lore, like with Balance Druids losing many of their nature spells for some convoluted celestial concept doesn’t mean they’re not nature-atuned in lore.

If you still want something recent though, TWW has an entire hero tree based around summoning an ancestor spirit.

1 Like

Whats wild is the plethora of ghost forms we got for Nightfae and they are just rotting.

5 Likes

EXACTLY

Holy crap that’s what I’ve been saying too.

1 Like

Because class identity changes over time. Outlaw wasnt always outlaw.

I looked at the farseer stuff. Seems really lacking. I guess it’s ok for people who do care about that part of shaman. We just had an expac about elemental dragons and shaman didnt get stuff. Nothing to be surprised about that shaman are ignored.

I was kinda hoping you tell me about ancestor stuff from the shaman class hall. All i remember is about the firelord bits.

Mmmkay well in that case, Balance Druids are just celestial moon/sun Druids now.

Sure you can say the farseer stuff is lacking, you’re welcome to your opinion, but I have provided you a recent example.

Kinda weird how elements-themed this xpac has been, yet no goodies for shamans. No new shammy spell effects, cosmetics, or legendaries.

And as far as I’m aware, the boss shaman, Magatha, is nowhere to be found.

2 Likes

Magatha is hiding from true tauren fans.

All 6 of them?

1 Like