Druid vs warrior

Im new to wow and have gotten it picked down to these two classes I want to main. I want to do arenas and raiding this expansion since i never have before. What what in your opinion is more fun and better to main in the long run for both pvp and pve content?

The safest choice is Druid. It can perform all 3 roles in the game at any time.

The only reason I’d say choose a warrior over a druid right now is because Arms is always good in PvP simply because of Mortal Strike. But if you plan on also doing PvE content, warrior dps will vastly underperform compared to a druid and I believe tanking on a warrior is worse right now as well but not a hundred percent sure.

1 Like

Also: Druids can stealth through everything and mount in the Maw.

2 Likes

If you’re new to the game, I’m going to 2nd the opinion of playing a Druid.

You’ll be able to dabble in all areas of the game through one character (range/melee/tank) and you can find which niche you like.

Warrior is fun to watch cause you get to duel wield two big two handed weapons and you can jump around.

A Druid is much more user friendly though to a new player.

Everyone can mount in the Maw if you get the mount.

And actually the arms warrior I got to 60 a few days ago is clearing layer 8s at ~i170. It’s actually a crime how easy it is. Shame I already did TC8 on this toon.

And I don’t have to waste my time. Because druid. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say that Arms is really good for arenas, but not so much for PvE content. It usually lags behind for quite awhile and then becomes decent in the last patch or two.

The other warrior specs are really bad at both arena and raiding, so I wouldn’t even bother.

Balance druid is insanely good in all types of content, feral is doing alright as well, and the other two druid specs are struggling from what I understand right now.

However unless you plan on getting into the arena/raid scene really soon I would suggest just finding the class you like playing the most and sticking with it, as specs can fluctuate pretty heavily as balance patches come and go.

If being good is more important to you then Druid is the safer bet as they have 4 specs, and thus a higher likelihood that one of them will be a good choice.

If fun is more important to you I’d say warrior is more fun personally, but everyone likes different things. I’d suggest you do the class trials and see which spec you like the most.

Good luck!

1 Like

Dont take this persons advice ever.

1 Like

I’d go warrior. It’s kinda easier to play imo. Druid you have to be really good at managing shapeshifting and it has more keybinds. Warrior just slaps, feels good to play.

If you do want to go druid, go boomkin though.

Warrior still sucks atm… if u want to have fun and get into groups, go with a druid as the majority states

1 Like

yeah true lol. i mean boomkin convoke etc is too good and probably fun. actually leveling both a druid and war rn and kinda more excited about the druid

As someone who alternates maining Druid and Warrior… what I discovered was that had I started on a druid, I probably wouldn’t alternate.

But I’m also one of those weirdos who prefers playing feral and hates playing boomkin, so what do I know?

It’s ok being a boomy. Yep you do want to keep dots up but outside of that it’s just a matter of trying to keep up the right eclipse based on your situation (as well as caster ABC). I’m fairly new to the class but it doesn’t seem too hard.

warrior is one of those you play it cuz you like the rp classes. even when it’s super strong it’s not one of the most fun classes. even when druid specs are weak, they’re still fun. which is why you see feral mains 24/7 but when arms or fury are in the gutter people switch mains to a different class.

2 Likes

right eclipse? i dont know anything about that yet, i have a lot to learn lol

Go Druid like the noncommittal cowards they are.

1 Like

Solar for ST and Lunar for MT.

Owo nuzzle wuzzles another member of the Furr gang? xd

1 Like