Druid vs Warlock

Hello, I’m sorry for making another one of these posts but I’m a very indecisive person when it comes to choosing a class.

I hope this doesn’t sound selfish, but what I’m interested in for a Class on Classic is to have a reputation for being useful to my group and providing plenty of utility to my party. I want to be known as someone handy to have around!

I’m also looking for a Class that fares well in PVP and has great, memorable class quests to boot.

Due to indecisive discussion making characteristics I recommend druid as they are a bit more versatile if you decide you want to tank instead of dps or heal instead of tank ect…

2 Likes

That’s going to have a lot more to do with you than the class you choose. Useful players can literally be any class/spec.

The warlock epic mount quest is pretty damn cool.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either one. But if you want to be there as utility–I’d go with druid (maybe I’m biased?)

You have the ability to do everything if you need to (you won’t be GREAT at everything, but you can step in when you need to and make it work).

1 Like

I disagree. The best druids can keep up in all 3 roles; DPS, healing and tanking. It’s just much harder to do so for some roles, especially DPS.

Not all 3 roles at once, but you can choose any path and do well.

3 Likes

I should have clarified–they can be great in whatever spec they are in…but, if you have to step out of your roll and fulfill another one, you obviously aren’t going to fare as well.

Druid tanks and resto output can be top notch. Even boomkin burst is pretty insane (just don’t expect much on long fights).

And cat DPS. Top cat DPS parses are pretty nutty. Thing is you really have to be an omega try hard to get there.

1 Like

I must admit that I’m leaning mostly towards Warlock. Great class quests, good damage, utility like soul stones/healthstones/summoning portals and a rad as heck ritual to summon a Doom Guard but they cannot heal.

Druids have healing, cleanse poison and can swap to any role as a bear, healer or dps.

Edit: I’m also sorry for making so many of these posts over the course of Classic. I’m really indecisive.

1 Like

Warlock is a fine choice–I would go with that if that’s what your gut tells ya.

1 Like

make both and level to 20, which wont take long, and you can see which one you prefer playing. Druid and Lock and one on my fav mains

Dudus can tank, heal or dps and most raids need at least 1 for bres and motw. It’s a safer choice to pick a dudu over warlock as they bring more raid utility and if you bring the gear can play all 3 roles if needed.

As a serial altoholic myself, I loved warlock for the flavour and druid for the versatility and variety. Both classes are also exceptionally easy to level solo, which is nice.

This is the best advice you can get. The levelling journey in WoW is long. You need to pick a class that feels right every time you log in. If you pick a class just because you think it’s a logical choice, you’ll probably get bored and re-roll.

Probably level them closer to 25. Druids get cat form at 20 and locks get the succ at 20, both of which define the quintessential levelling experience for their respective classes.

1 Like

Both our fun I have a lock and druid. Working on my lock and she is usefull besides being a portable summoner for groups. The curses and my succubus is pretty usfull in groups. Like my druid since I can dps and tank on the side if I want to. Then mainly stealth so I can pass tough mobs. Play with em both get a good feel I am the same way. I like playing classes that can bring alot to the table with doing dungeons or raids.

Druids are pretty painful & shortchanged in Vanilla/Classic (at least in endgame PvE) compared to what they are in TBC. Probably why I very rarely see any in the frequent 20/40 man raid PuGs on the particular server my 60’s are on now, unless I am the one playing the lone 60 Druid in the raid group.

You said Druids are rarely seen. How often are Warlocks seen?

Take a look on your server.

https:// ironforge.pro/server/Mankrik/

Druids are least popular due to bad loot itemization, and resto having no Rez.

Warlocks are low due to having to farm shards and being one of the slowest classes.

Edit: tbc is where druids start to get really fun. Also for feral you need to farm mcp’s from gnomeragon.

1 Like

I know this is Warlock vs Druid but I’m also considering Hunter. Does anyone know if they bring good utility to a party or raid?

Hunters have less utility. Assuming mm, they have a true shot aura cd.

They are great at pulling and usually will be a few due to dispelling rage, and kiting mobs.

Hunters don’t scale well as content increases compared to the other do’s classes.

Warlocks are also in shorter supply on my now-main west-coast PvE server (lower population server) from what I have observed in building 20/40 man raid groups, but not to same degree as Druids.

I enjoy my 60 Hunter, but they have some annoying raid-play aspects (no pun intended).

Pets are simply a lot more baggage than asset in raiding & don’t scale with your stats/gear in Vanilla/Classic. At least a Warlock (with the proper spec) can opt to turn their pet into a 30 minute +DPS self-buff for raiding & not have to deal with them in that environment.

Marksmanship is the sole expected raiding spec in Vanilla/Classic for Trueshot Aura group buff, even though it is a short 30 max range for your melee group-mates to get it, & your max shooting range is 41. It’s pretty annoying trying to stay in close range of your designated raiding group-mates so they can get the buff, especially on certain fights. Very counter-intuitive for a long-range shooting class. I would rather be Survival spec myself (which is how I leveled), but that doesn’t gain real raiding acceptance until TBC talent tree changes.

As far as basic DPS goes, they are a middle of the pack DPS class in Vanilla/Classic (aka mediocre). Probably the most fun class to solo with though, especially if you play around with all your various situational tools.