Druid vs Shaman Difficulty

Hi,

I am tossing between a druid and shaman alt. I was wondering what class people felt overall was easier.

Interested dps and healing.

Thanks

1 Like

I may not be the best to answer this
I have a shaman and druid healer
the shaman healer.i find is easier and alot more fun but druid is the go to for heals right now from what I understand in mythics

As far as healer, if you are somewhat of a casual+ player in my opinion Resto Druid is the easier and better healer.

If you plan on mythic Raiding, Resto shaman is easier than Resto Druid. At that level, you can’t be a reactive healer with your druid. You need to pay attention very closely to the timings for your HoTs ramps that shamans do not have to do as much. Otherwise, in every other scenario Druid is better and easier, in my opinion.

As far as dps, the dps specs are pretty similar as far as how effective they are. Enhancement shaman are a bit of the outlier(They are in a very good spot right now, but much squishier than any of the other options).

I feel like resto druid is easier. I have both a shaman and a druid. I like both pretty equally but think druid is easier as far as hots and all.

DPS-wise, I think enh is easier than feral, and balance is easier–maybe about the same–as ele.

I feel enh is a lot more fun than feral
But i prefer resto druid over sham
Also druid can go stealth, who doesnt like stealth?
But sham has totems and a lot more utilities than druid
Also sham can self res, who doesnt like self rez?
And elementals are just cool

Shamans are just way cooler than druids at the end.
And seems there will be no flight forms anyway on the dragon isle for a while.

When you have to choose between shaman and any class, shaman is always the answer, always.

Go druid healer
 more options for dps and they NEVER are last in the tiers. Shamans are often last in tier for at least the first half the expansion. Excuse was they couldn’t balance them properly
 so it’s intended for them to perform on the back end of an expansion. I mean if you know the class well enough you can usually ‘make it’ work
 but they are severely under performing compared to other healers
 especially in raid settings.

Dont go druid, read druid forum, looks like they messed up talents too much this patch, you will have mor fun with shaman

Both are easy, but not everyone is great at spinning plate playstyles. Druid revolves around many hots, and using “combos” to execute/stack modified/buffed heals to significantly increase through put while shape shifting, self healing, and doing mechanics+interrupts.

It’s just guardian that’s screwed up. Resto is always in a good place. But most shamans aren’t worth a damn if they don’t know how to interupt/stun

I hear feral and boom too

Bear has been pretty broken for a couple of expansions now, only time they ‘were’ good was against physical damage
 last expansion at least they had good/decent damage to fall back on.

Part of their problem is they stuck all their survival skills on the boomie/healing side of the tree behind a bunch of stuff that constantly throws them out of bear form
 so more then half the talents they wind up taking is useless