Druid Tier 1 bug

Bug: The Druid Tier 1 (Cenarion Raiment) set bonus stacks additively with the Improved Tranquility talent.

1. Equip Tier 1 (Cenarion Raiment) set, aiming to have 8 pc
  2. Spec into the Improved Tranquility talent in Restoration tree
  3. Cast Tranquility with no cooldown whatsoever.

These were never meant to stack additively. The expected result should be ~2min cooldown on the Tranquility spell.
At the moment it trivialises the hard mode General Vezax encounter among other things.

It’s not a bug. It worked like this in 2009. Stop.

6 Likes

Cooldown reductions are meant to be multiplicative not additive. 110% cooldown reduction is clearly not intended. Sorry.

You have that “teacher forgot to give us homework” energy.

4pc doesn’t work, WG targets unhealable pets… but yeah lets make sure blizz nerfs druids on the 1 fight they’re strongest XD

4 Likes

Nerfs and bugfixes are two different things. Other bugs existing does not change anything either, as they’re irrelevant to this issue.

1 Like

This isn’t a bug though, this is how it worked in original wotlk. Changing it now would be a nerf.

Its ok though I’m sure teacher will notice you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually did bother to check for evidence, and no it’s not how it worked. Expected result is just below 2 minutes of cooldown.

Go read the spell details on that wow site everyone uses and you’ll see comments from 2009 describing how the set gives no CD tranquility when combined with Improved Tranquility. It’s not a bug, it’s a niche meme spec.

5 Likes

This is how it worked back in the day. It’s a hilarious strat that has literally only 1 use. Most of our kit is busted (edit: busted as in doesn’t work correctly/is in poor shape) right now.

Why do you hate fun?

Because lots of us don’t think it’ll be fun to farm MC for weeks to re-obtain t1 8 piece, then also give up our off spec for a single encounter that can be easily cleared without this.

1 Like

Right, because you are FORCED to do that. Just tell your guild no. The fight is entirely possible without doing this strat. This is a fun nonsense build that a lot of us would like to use for the fun and the memes. Don’t hate fun.

Then there’s no problem with the memers memeing. They can spend their gold how they want.

I barely did anything on this fight the other night because there’s not much to do with a competent team, still managed a 90 just doing mechanics while abusing the crap out of 2pc tier 7

1 Like

I think you misread his message, you’re both on the same side. This is such a niche use case that requires r-druids to have 8 set t1 which is a pain to get people to commit to getting when the time could be spent just gearing for Ulduar normally.

This is such a non-issue and there are far more pressing matters for Blizzard to attend to, such as current tier not functioning for resto’s.

OP, this is not a bug. Everything is working as intended and it is in no way game breaking.

1 Like

Mostly correct, and I more have an issue with parse-first culture making this the “meta” and not recognizing this as a niche meme and instead recommending this as the default “correct” way to approach this encounter.

1 Like

Looking at logs, the top parse is someone running this spec. The next 99 are all individuals running the encounter as intended. I don’t think anyone needs to worry about guilds forcing you to do this and if they try to then they clearly aren’t as good as they might think.

@OP, you stated you did your research but clearly you overlooked how often this is getting used in practice.

1 Like

That’s half the problem with drawing attention to it from Sarthe’s video today.

Raid Leaders are seeing this and will start making comp changes and push their members into this whether they want to or not.

2 Likes

This right here. Yeah its a one off thing, the downside now though is for the hm only groups, this is going to be a standard. Its a meme spec pure and simple. Its not a bug, its just people min maxing their arses off. Something that has been part of wow since day one.

And now irrelevant

As of today’s hotfix, 8p t1 reduces Tranquility cooldown by 15%.

“uhhh it’s just minmaxers!”
“uhhh it’s just a meme spec!”
“uhhh it’s only good for one fight!”
irrelevant

I highly doubt blizzard intended for druids to have 0 cooldown on a major AoE heal by using old tier gear, and as we can see with the hotfix, that is accurate.

shoo, trolls