Druid Spec

Hey guys. Playing a Druid. Can someone give me a run down if the different specs? I’m mixed between feral and balance and I’ll probably go with feral but a detailed description would be really helpful

I’m not sure what sort of detail you’re looking for? If you could elaborate, I can try to help.

One is a caster, one is a rogue. Balance is decent in group content, Feral is bottom of the barrel. Also, if you have thoughts on healing, Balance and Resto use the same secondary stats.

Just a general synopsis is fine. Why is feral bottom of the barrel? How can I effectively manage my mana especially during dungeons and raids?

Feral just doesn’t do enough damage.

There is no mana used for Balance. It’s a resource called Astral Power. It’s a builder, spender.

My suggestion:

Feral is pretty ride-or-die at the moment.

Balance is objectively more welcome in pugs, but if you really want to play feral then you are more than welcome to.

Moonchicken has a lot of perks, though.

Honestly, it just comes down to what you find more enjoyable. Those guides should help.

Okay thanks! I am kinda concerned now with the damage output for feral now, especially for end game content. But I guess I’ll try it out for myself and see.

Both feral and balance are trash right now. Just a warning. Our damage is very low.

Be a boomy. Ferals suck right now.

Feral Druid = Rogue with more bleeds and harder and less efficient energy management.
Balance Druid = DoTs for days while constantly cycling between strong AoE and strong ST phases.

feral = melee
balance = range

Dont be concerned , unless you are pushing high end mythic + keys or cutting edge raiding feral is completely viable and capable. ( its not even as bad as being made out)

Choose what you feel fits your playstyle, utility wise they are kinda similar outside of the odd talent/spec ability.

Both are very burst reliant though.

I can second this statement, my main is feral. I run mid range keys without issue.

Your utilities make you valuable, brez, soothe, off heals. But once you unleash your tier set at the right time followed up with convoke, you’ll understand why the low damage claims are overblown.

Feral is also mobile, I would argue it’s the fastest in the game right now. Put a stack of gliders in your pack and you can fly like a DH but can stealth in cat form while gliding so no agro when you land.

I also recommend night elf for the combat drop of shadowmeld. Never again will you worry about “Why am I still in combat?”

don’t listen to the others. unless you’re doing the hardest content it’s not going to matter.

I’d say the biggest question is what you’d rather look at. a cat or chicken all the time?

Feral = Melee DPS = Cat Form
Guardian = Tank = Bear Form
Balance = Ranged DPS (Spell Caster) = Moonkin Form
Restoration = Healer

Feral is an Assassin Rogue with less DoT damage, less energy regeneration, but more healing and Big direct damage. its very good in Single Target fights where the boss deal much damage to dps.
but the aoe damage is low :c

Feral is like a rogue
Balance is a caster with both dots and direct dmg.
Both have a lot of utility and good QOL benefits. Instant travel forms, speed boosts and self healing.

Love my druids. Being able to swap between the specs is nice. At least for a casual.

Once you get into raiding I suppose swapping would be a lot more complex due to gear.

People already have given you the rundown, but if you are looking to do a lot of M+ I would say it does matter.

Once in the key they are perfectly capable in the majority of key levels, but getting accepted to a group will be extremely difficult and you might be forced to make your own group a lot.

It kind of annoys me when people repeat the “it doesn’t matter unless high keys” mantra because it affects all levels of play. The guy in a +16 wants to time their key just as much as the guy in a +26 and will invite specs that they feel will give the best chance of success. Even if it’s perfectly possible to 3 chest with a feral, ret, and arcane mage, why run the risk when you can have a lock, monk, and surv play half as well and do more damage?