Druid QoL in older content is insane

Hey folks!

Although I mostly play on my other characters this has always been a fun character I play to enjoy the 110 content (basically like I’m in Legion but with the perks of having 3 pcs azerite.).

I’ve recently been working on Loremaster (slowly but I believe I only have Pandaria and Cataclysm left now).

The overall time it takes for me on my druid to get a zone done is insanely less than other classes. Should this be something we get to enjoy because of the nature of our class or could there be better QoL changes for players going back to old content? (maybe like being able to pick up quest items while on a mount).

Not an idea that I’m adamant on by any means, I’m happy sticking to this druid to finish off my expansions, seeking your opinions/views.

1 Like

Cries in death knight.

8 Likes

The QoL makes up for feral being the red-headed stepchild.

2 Likes

You could always mount up instead of using flight form. I prefer to keep the perks that flight form gets over mount bonuses since we can always choose which one we use. Having instant cast, interact with objects without landing, and picking herbs with ease is far worth more than mount bonuses. You want the bonus mount speeds from things like Pathfinder, use an actual mount.

1 Like

I miss my aspect of the cheetah for those old large raids with lots of running around. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sun fire, sprint, win… I love doing old mount runs on druid cuz its so damn fast.

1 Like

Feral is doing better than boomkin right now.

3 Likes

throw in mythic dungeon (or highest zone has). This fixes that.

My feral is great for killing trash mobs. here the aoe swipe that is basically there as a resourse maker only in BFA (since its weaK AF in BFA scaled mobs) does quite well. And unlike say hunter multshot doesn’t use up tons of resources.

If…you are actually killing trash mobs. Since legion/wod trash drops nothing of value I will happily stealth to bosses as much as I can.

It be the bosses other classes catch up in time real quick. WOd and legion at least…its back to 1-5,. dot, 1-5 bite. And this eats up time.

1 Like

I agree with that. I used to do content as Bear with Feral affinity and weave in DoTs.

Compared to what my monk was doing in terms of damage (charge -> Fist) it is comparatively slower.

Legion alts unite! Rogues have a pretty good time too, being able to stealth past stuff is :kissing_closed_eyes::ok_hand:

Oh wait, Druids can stealth too!

3 Likes

Just curious, why 110 instead of 115? I’m leveling a new character just to make a speed alt but I keep hearing people stopping on 110/111, Legion legendaries still works on 115 right?

Most of the replies are missing the OP’s point.

He’s saying that druids have it easy because of the way that they can interact with items, mount instantly, move quickly, etc.

He’s saying let’s share the love and remove some of the tedium so that other classes are more enjoyable to play when leveling.

IMO this also applies at max level. Druid is way easier to quest/daily with.

5 Likes

I never found this what spec are you playing?

I’d say the big one is allow players to interact with objects while mounted. The largest advantage in WQ on a druid is being able to interact with objects in flight form.

I have a fast time of it on boomie: travel forms and sprints, naturally moving faster in cat form indoors, stealth, moonfire/sunfire that hit aoe, dot, and are instant cast…then loot with a boomerang.

One way to show the difference in farming speed is doing Onyxia runs. I used to run it on each class every week. There’s a noticeable difference between a druid run and a warlock or warrior. Today it might not be as noticeable since Ony dies in one hit…

i always found hunter fastest because of misdirect and they have speed boosts too as well as stealth

and if you are comparing to warlock - well anything is faster than warlock almost

As it should given that Feral requires a math PhD to be decent.

Boomy on the other hand is fine even in the hands of a mouth breather.

You’ve never found druid to be a fast farmer yet you name the hunter’s subpar version of stealth and speed boosts as reason for it being faster…Camo has a 1min cd…

Having faction/race/class distinctions adds complexity, variety and flavor to the game.

2 Likes

I have 4 druids and 5 hunters.

You somehow forget the main reason I gave in there plus this thread originally was talking about questing not farming.

No, I saw it. Don’t see the point of misdirect when I can dot and watch it die as it approaches me. And hunter speed boosts are on a cd. Kitty form is always fast, stealth or not, with a sprint on a cd.

This isn’t even the point of the thread, who is best. But thanks for the D measuring contest with your number of alts…

1 Like