Druid Players are still recognized as the Archdruid

Happened to see Mylune at Mechagon today, and she recognized me as the Archdruid still.

I also remember the quest in Drustvar that recognizes the Death Knight player as the Deathlord. Have any of the other classes run into NPCs that still recognize them as the leaders of their class orders?

14 Likes

Not the archdruid. A archdruid.
Archdruid is just a high ranking/powerful druid.

But yes, it’s cool they snuck in a reference to Legion here, and hope they do more like it in the future.

2 Likes

Some other Mechagon NPC’s recognize the player as well. One will comment on your class when discussing mechanization options, and some of the mechagnomes in the junkyard make comments about the mount you’re currently riding.

3 Likes

Mylune used to be huge…gigantic in Cataclysm. My headcanon is that she got shrunk by being put in the hot cycle in the Dreamgrove’s laundramat.

3 Likes

Technically the Archdruid of the Dreamgrove, if you want to get technical.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of archdruids have a geographical, racial, or field assignment of sorts.

2 Likes

Ulfar in Drustvar has a dialogue choice for druids, where he has a line about Drust-style druidism, and how as a druid the player understands.

2 Likes

hey archdruid, whyd you burn teldrassil

12 Likes

Seems despite Malfurion being the Founder that Cenarius is in control of the Cenarian Circle so the Archdruid can have any loyalty that he likes.

Cenarius and Remulos don’t care about the Tree burning since they aren’t Alexstrasza nor their violent descendants who obsess about Balance.

The Cenarian Circle even used Blight despite reservations due to how painful it is.

We’re not even sure if the Archdruid is Alliance or Horde. They’re Schrödinger’s Archdruid for now.

We haven’t heard their thoughts on Teldrassil at all. We only just now heard Shaw, Thrall, and Shandris mention Teldrassil.

Cenarion Circle isn’t actually that peaceful. Their response to Ragnaros wasn’t just to get him off of Hyjal, but to go into the Firelands and chase him down to kill him for good. The slight connection there being that the Naga and Azshara personally came to Darkshore to distract Malfurion so that Ragnaros could get the jump on Mount Hyjal.

The Naga are simply such a dangerous threat that the use of the blight to push them back is appropriate.

Thats neat, wish it happened to more classes. Another thing i noticed for druids was that in drustvar, theres a rather large stag and its mate walking around a very tranquil forest, i believe his sub name is “heart of the forest” and he allows ONLY druids to make it home and set hearth there. Found that very neat.

4 Likes

Can’t read it from my phone.

The ArchDruid of the Dreamgrove was head of a temporary Horde/Alliance order that for all intents and purposes probably disbanded at the beginning of the current War.

Druids are not obligated to pay any fealty to the Cenarian Circle or especially to a Druid of an enemy faction.

I'm so happy to see you here, Archdruid!

When I first heard the stories or Mechagon, I was worried it might be beyond saving.

But, if you’re here, I know nature is not lost.

Together, we will restore nature’s power here and save all the teeny tiny creatures!

There has been no indication of this. Broll Bearmantle, Hamuul Runetotem, and Zen’kiki are all down in Silithus working together.

3 Likes

Essentially working there as individuals that decided to help with Magni, not as delegates from the Order of the Dreamgrove which wasn’t the Cenarian Circle, but an order of it’s own.

Rexxar doesn’t acknowledge you as the Huntmaster, but he does make a reference that he left the Order of the Hidden Path because hunting Alliance was “more interesting”. That I can understand, Hunters generally aren’t really good at acknowledging anyone as “boss”.

That’s one example of a noted NPC that’s clearly abandoned his Legion class order. And I’m sure that Lady Liadrin isn’t knocking any brews with the Silver Hand, either.

1 Like

All three have Cenarion Circle faction tag:

There is neither indication that the Dreamgrove was separate from the Cenarion Circle (especially given Cenarius’ involvements in Val’sharah and in the Dreamgrove specifically in the flashback to training Malfurion, Illidan, and Tyrande) nor any indication that the Dreamgrove branch disbanded.

6 Likes

If you’re loyalist and a hunter, Dark Ranger Lenara who was the Hunter troop recruiter in Legion, recognises you as Huntmaster. Says something like “It’s good to see you’ve not lost your touch Huntmaster.” After your duel with her.

1 Like