Druid or mage?

I am having so much trouble deciding on what class to play for SOM. I played hunter in classic and rogue in tbc. What class do you guys suggest?

1 Like

Which one would you have more fun with? What would do if you played a Druid for instance? A mage is pretty straightforward.

You might have to ask urself some questions first…

1. Do I like to heal? cuz that’s what most likely you will be doing as a druid for raiding.
  2. Do, you like to pew pew from afar? Since you played a hunter, I going to guess yes. lol. Do you like to open portals and make food for everyone and their mother?

Druid is very versatile class. They can tank, heal, dps just not great at either one of them. Healer I believe is the strongest spec. I enjoyed playing a druid back in the day. But, I loved playing a mage. being able to portal around, make ur own food and one of the best cc’s in the game is just too much fun.

I’m kinda bias and would say mage. But first you have to answer some of those questions. =)

1 Like

Probably tank or heal.

Well we had a feral tank in classic, he couldn’t tank everything in raid, but he sure did a lot. So don’t let others tell you druids can’t tank, I’ve seen plenty of the otherwise. You just might not be able to tank Rag, for example.

Healing is cool. I do love pew pew from afar lol. Just don’t want to pick a class that has way to many people playing it and make it impossible to get a spot in raids or dungeons. Tanks were so in demand in classic to it got so hard to find one for pugs.

Druids will be in demand. While leveling you can either tank or heal and for raids you wont have to worry about a spot.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I watched some videos Skarm posted on youtube. He off tanked even in naxx.

Yea you’ll be able to off tank pretty much the whole shabang. I was the main tank, and was super happy to have that druid off tank.

2 Likes

If this is the case, then druid probably makes sense.

2 Likes

Druid may see some issues with longer boss fights… but I usually end up playing one. They are fun… Prowl is incredible… and they level fast. With the right gear and enchants you can be downright average.

1 Like

It is sad that with the right gear and such you can be just average, but very true. I like druids, but haven’t ever played one. I play too much of the meta, I know it’s not the cool thing to do, but there it is.

I’ve never leveled a mage. Trying to break the “level a paladin” thing. I might just do it!

2 Likes

Don’t sleep on Moonkin. They may have mana problems esp in SoM but mages and locks love em.

I’ve played druid in vanilla and classic. If you want to feel useless 95% of the time, and OP 5% of the time, druid is the class for that.

Classic isn’t about playing all the classes. They are designed to appeal to different people. YOu should play the class you like to play. Not the class you think is meta.

1 Like

quoting myself form another thread

Mages are pretty great overall but the one major downside is that you have to drink all the time and whilst leveling the conjure water spell is always a bracket behind.

If you’re going to tank as a druid you will be farming MCP’s very often.
Pick your poison ^ ^