Druid or hunter?

Ok, let’s say mage is an option… with how many mages there are… won’t I even have less chance than a hunter at endgame content?
Do mages level quickly or are you just talking about level 60 farming?

Mages are the preferred ranged DPS in raids. Few raids will have too many mages. They are also among the fastest levelers because they can AoE grind when solo and dungeon grind in spell cleave groups. However, those are hard to find and you can actually slow down a group trying to AoE too heavily with a more conventional composition. A skilled mage with engineering is the most capable solo class in the game, easily. An average player with a more casual focus will probably get more value out of a hunter.

1 Like

Not exactly as mages are a lot more valuable and therefore earn more slots in raids.

The world first level 60 player in Classic was a mage.

I think that you should prioritise enjoyment over everything else though.

2 Likes

Why does engineering make it so much better? (Anything I play will have engineering tbh)

That’s the issue… I’m not enjoying my warrior.

Engineering make grenades that aoe stun and add a bit of dmg.

Warriors suffer solo but are a blast with a pocket healer. If there’s a best class at 60, it’s arguably warrior.

1 Like

Iron grenades are dirt cheap and will help you keep mobs grouped and controlled for AoE. Rocket boots make you go fast. Gnomish death ray is just a huge nuke especially when you’re leveling. Target dummies if timed well can absorb and negate major boss mechanics. They can also save your life and help you group mobs. Sapper charges, while slightly expensive, are tons of AoE damage.

A hunter, by the way, needs engineering for large seaforium charges to be able to do DM tribute runs which are currently their most lucrative farming method.

You would rate warrior over mage at 60? Even though they rely on someone else just to farm or PvP?

As I said before I intended to have engineering no matter what I play. Now you’ve got me interested in a mage lol

Regardless, what I want out of a class is something that is on the quicker side to level, can pvp decently, has the ability to make decent gold at 60, and that won’t have a problem getting a raid spot.
Correct me if I’m wrong but i feel as if a warrior might not fit here.

Feral druid is a lot of fun. Leveling is fairly easy, as you’re not super gear-dependant. You can tank dungeons just fine, too. Oh, and the mobility! Imp cat form, travel form, swim form… All great!

1 Like

In terms of group pvp and pve, yeah, I honestly do. For farm you clearly would rather something else.

Yeah, warriors suck at making gold and pvping solo. Although I don’t think they have a problem getting raid spots.

All of these classes you’ve mentioned are very different from each other. I’d say just go with what interests you more.

Warlocks are also great solo. Have fun.