Druid ground/flight travel forms

Pleeeeaaaase bring back the ability to choose between a druids ground travel or flight travel forms. Theres hardly a point in having Mark of the Cheetah or Mark of the Runestag when a great majority of the time youre forced to be in flight form. Spent about 800 gold in the auction house for these only to realize i can never really use those forms.

10 Likes

I always thought this was strange. Like, why not let them choose which form they want to be? If I am in an area with no flight, I would still love to be able to use my flight form as an appearance. Even if it would just hover along the ground. Likewise just let people use their ground form in zones with flight, and switch it to a flight form if they actually take off.

Though can’t you use the mount form to show your ground travel form in zones with flight? I can’t remember if this is the case.

2 Likes

You can but mount form and travel form are different, my mount form is the stag and currently have cheetah for travel form.

Not the most ideal solution, but if I remember right Bartender will let you do this, pls there may be a way to do it with macros, but those would work separately from the stance bar.

1 Like

Ahh, okay. Fair enough. I don’t play my Druid enough to remember the specifics. Thankie for answering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Legion Class order hall skill books might fix what you want, grab the glyph of treant and flap

2 Likes

Let me swim in the water as a deer if I want to again.
I should be able to choose what form I want, even if it seems like a silly choice. ESPECIALLY on a RP server on a mmoRPg.

6 Likes

Also, aquatic form should be usable anywhere, not just in water.

Reasons:

1. You can breach majestically out of the water, because it would no longer auto-remove or switch to flight form when you jump
  2. There’s already an established character in lore who specializes in this who can teach us

Just make it have 0-10% ground speed or something.

1 Like

Would be really weird if I was on land in dolphin form…

It’s really weird we can breath underwater in any of our aquatic forms.

True, none of the forms have gills. Which reminds me, how do we not have a shark form?

1 Like

I’ve adapted to it, and it’s kinda nice auto switching between flight and orca form when water is involved.

And in DF, that button is stag form anyway, for now…

Be even weirder if someone came to “rescue” you and you needed to fight them off. Talk about awkward.

It gives you a ground “mount” form that you can use instead of the travel form. But for the purposes of the Mark of the Runestag or Mark of the Cheetah, they only apply to the travel form, which more often than not is automatically flight form.

They changed that about the time I was rolling my first druid. I have mount form and travel form keybound separately, but mostly for when I want another party member to be able to mount up.

Mark of the Doe definitely applies to mount form.